- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Sample Hue’s street food specialties, from sticky rice dumplings to pancakes
- Sit sidebyside with locals enjoying popular snacks at the end of a long day
- Learn the history and significance of dishes that make up central Vietnamese cuisine
- Ride through the streets of Hue aboard a cyclo
Hop aboard a cyclo and take a tasty trip through historic Hue, the last imperial capital of Vietnam. Explore the city’s charms as you ride through alleyways, taste local street foods, and learn the history of central Vietnamese cuisine.
Hue, with its mix of history and modern life, is the gateway to the treasures of Vietnam's royal past. But we're not taking you on a stuffy history tour. Instead, we're getting under the city's skin (and into its stomach) aboard local cyclo with plenty of stops for local food (and a bit of history) along the way!
After meeting your guide and getting a short briefing of the tour itinerary, we'll head out on a relaxing cyclo ride to our first stop, where a tasty banh beo (steamed rice discs topped with shrimp) and ram it (sticky rice dumplings) await. Both of these great flavours will wake up your taste buds in a traditional way as you snack alongside local people. After that, we'll head on foot to another stop to try a tasty Hue pancake.
Your Hue tour will continue with a beautiful ride across the elegant Perfume River via either Phu Xuan or Trang Tien bridge to reach the Royal Citadel, where you'll have a chance to try the third dish on this Hue food tour, bun bo Hue (a typical Hue beef vermicelli soup). Located by the entrance of Dong Ba gate, this place is only open at 6:30 pm but with over 100 kilos of vermicelli and five big broth pots per day, it serves up a lot of bowls while it's open! You'll taste just how great this bun bo Hue is. Then cool down with a cold beer from a vendor nearby.
We hope you're still hungry as we'll then head to a small local snack shop where you'll have the opportunity to prepare for yourself a typical egg rice cracker with beef or pâté on charcoal. This treat is a favourite dessert after a main meal for many locals, and this is a great place for you to indulge in a local experience and interact with the people of Hue.
Your Hue street food tour ends at a local coffee house where you will be immersed in the relaxing atmosphere while sipping a lovely tea or Vietnamese salty coffee (a Hue speciality). Finally, transfer back to your hotel by cyclo to enjoy your restful evening as you please.
- Local English-speaking guide
- cyclo ride
- 5 sample dishes as per itinerary
- One local beer and one coffee or tea.
- Items of a personal nature
- additional food and drinks
- tips/gratuities for your guide and cyclo driver.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Royal City Street Eats by Cyclo tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Royal City Street Eats by Cyclo tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Royal City Street Eats by Cyclo tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Hotel lobby at Park View Hotel in Hue, 09 Ngô Quyền, Vĩnh Ninh, Thành phố Huế, Thừa Thiên Huế.Meeting end point :
Centrally located hotels in HueCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.