- Bicycle tour
- Local culture
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore a traditional 200yearold house and privately owned gardens belonging to ancestors of the royal court
- Bike through Thuy Bieu village and take in the scenic surroundings as you ride
- Sample sugary local candies before having a go at making your own
- Learn how to make Hue cake for lunch in a handson cooking experience
Spend a relaxing morning exploring the delightful garden villages of Hue which are known for their serenity, immense grapefruit gardens, and centuries-old homes. You'll meet a friendly local family, learn about their daily life and history, enjoy a leisurely bike ride around a peaceful village, and try your hand at making Banh Hue (Hue cake) for lunch.
Our tour will explore the ancient village of Thuy Bieu on the banks of the Perfume River, some eight kilometers from the city center (about a 20-minute drive). Here, we will take a peek inside a famous pomelo garden house that was once a regular haunt for the royal family, before taking a relaxing stroll through its delightful fruit garden.
We will then hop on our bikes for a jaunt around the scenic village, stopping off to visit a local family making votive papers and/or a village community temple. If you are uncomfortable riding a bike, you can skip this part and instead soak your feet in an herbal tub in the family's soothing, shaded fruit garden.
In need of some delicious treats to refuel, we'll go back to the local family's home and make our own sesame candy— a sugary delight with a Vietnamese twist, as well as some Hue cakes. You can, of course, sample the sweets of your labour, alongside a cup of fresh green tea (sometimes with seasonal garden fruits) and a bit of ginger candy.
Hue cake (Banh Hue) is a term for cakes in general, but these share the common base ingredients of rice flour and shrimp. However, it is the difference in recipes coupled with the skills of the Hue people that gives each kind of cake a distinctive taste. Try your hand at creating some typical cakes like Banh Nam, Banh Loc, Banh Xeo! After all the dishes have been made, sit down to lunch and taste your handiwork.
Our tour comes to an end at noon, when we will head back to the city centre.
- Green tea and Hue cakes for lunch.
- Return transportation
- Local English-speaking guide
- local family visit
- 1-hour bike rental
- Local snacks
- Entrance fees as indicated
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- tips/gratuities for your driver and guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Hue Village Discovery tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 June 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Hue Village Discovery tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hue Village Discovery tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Pick-up at centrally located hotels in Hue.Meeting end point :
Drop-off at centrally located hotels in Hue.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.