- City sightseeing
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Take a boat to Thien Mu Pagoda
- Explore the massive Kinh Thanh Citadel
- Visit the Forbidden Purple City
- Visit the magnificent Minh Mang tomb and the Kahi Dinh tomb
Next, take a boat trip to Thien Mu pagoda – the historic pagoda on the banks of the Perfume River. Apart from the scenic riverside and hilltop location, the Thien Mu Pagoda and area is rich in history, standing witness to almost four hundred years of tumultuous nation-building in Vietnam.
Head back to Hue City for the rest of the tour. The massive Kinh Thanh Citadel is the most well known and iconic site in Hue. Begun in 1805 by Emperor Gia Long, it is a sprawling complex comprised of the Imperial City, several museums, lakes, and lovely gardens, all laid out in a series of concentric circles.
We also visit the Forbidden Purple City, originally built in the early 1800s for the personal use of the emperor and staffed by eunuchs who posed no threat to the royal concubines. We'll then head to Hue Royal Antiques Museum to see a collection of ornaments from the Nguyen Dynasty.
After lunch, visit the magnificent and formal Minh Mang Tomb and see how its architectural design harmoniously blends with the natural surroundings.
Last stop today will be Khai Dinh Tomb, symbolic of the decline of Vietnamese culture during the colonial era. Unlike Hue’s other tombs, the grandiose concrete structure, built between 1920 and 1931, is a synthesis of Vietnamese and European elements. Even the stone faces of the Mandarin honour guards are endowed with a mixture of both features.
The tour finishes at your hotel at 5 pm.
- English speaking guide
- Transportation in a private car
- Dragon boat trip on the Perfume river
- Drinking water
- Entrance fees
- Other meals and drinks not mentioned
- Travel insurance
- Bank transfer or PayPal fee
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.