- duration 2 hours
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience the towering sand dunes of Huacachina
- Fly down the slopes on a sandboard
- Take in a gorgeous sunset over the desert landscape
Cruise to the top of 500 meter high sand dunes and go rocketing down the slopes in a sand buggy. Let go of your fears and sandboard down the steep sandy slopes with a few pointers from your local guide. Admire the breathtaking sunset over the vast desert landscape and take photos in the golden twilight before racing back to Huacachina.
Welcome to the quaint, quiet and cute oasis of Huacachina with its tranquil lagoon and backdrop of amazing sand dunes anywhere you turn to look. Get ready to cruise to the tops of 500 meter high sand dunes and go rocketing down the slopes in the sand buggy. A roller coaster ride of 360's, sharp turns and steep hills will get your adrenaline pumping before you take your first shot at sand boarding. Strap yourself in tightly, throw your hands in the air and scream away as you are carried over sand dunes in the middle of the expansive desert.
You will have the opportunity to sandboard on 3-4 different dunes so you can try your luck. You will take thrilling rides on a basic sandboard by laying face first on the board and letting yourself fly down the dune to see how far (and fast) you can go. Cheer on your mates and don't let anyone shy away from this unforgettable experience. Lastly, you will admire the breathtaking sunset over the vast desert landscape and have the chance to take photos in the golden twilight before racing back to Huacachina.
- Local Guide
- Sand Buggy Ride
- Basic Sand Board
- (Professional Sand Board with Boots & Bindings available for an extra cost of $5 USD - to book in advance)
- Ballestas Islands & Paracas National Reserve entrance fees
- Entrance fee for Huacachina tour
- Transfers to/from bus stations
- Taxi from Ica to Huacachina
- Meals & drinks
- Tour leader
- Personal expenses
- Tips for guides
- Travel insurance
- Optional gratuities
- Bookmundi is partner with Bamba . You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 1 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 28 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 89 days before departure. For any departures within 12 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Huacachina Sand-Buggy & Sand-Boarding tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Huacachina Sand-Buggy & Sand-Boarding tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
Experienced sand-boarders can choose to upgrade to a professional sand-board with boots and bindings for an extra cost of $5 USD paid locally. Upgrades are subject to availability. To reserve, please contact us in advance with your shoe size. On the day of the tour, you will need to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to departure for your fitting. For beginners we recommend the laying down option as it is much easier and lots of fun!
Recommendations: Make sure you wear long pants, shoes and sunglasses (or ask your driver for eye-protection). You will come back covered from head to toe in sand!