- Summit Chimborazo (6,310 m), the highest peak in Ecuador
- Summit Cotopaxi (5,897 m), the world's highest active volcano
- Get unparalleled views of Ecuador's Avenue of Volcanoes
- Climb five of Ecuador's most famous volcanoes
The 10-day program is designed to educate and instruct people on high-altitude mountain climbing between 4,000 to 6,000 m. Our mountain base PapaGayo is nestled in the Avenue of the Volcanoes and is a perfect location because of its altitude (3,200 m) and proximity to the volcanoes.
With the assistance of a qualified and bilingual guide, this program acclimatizes and increases the fitness of the climbers so to prepare them for successful climbs of some of the highest volcanoes in South America.
Over the course of the trip, you will reach the summit of five of Ecuador’s most famous volcanoes, the last Chimborazo is the highest peak in Ecuador. These climbs offer spectacular and unsurpassed views of Ecuador and the Avenue of the Volcanoes. Specially designed, this program enables people with little or no experience to gain the ability and skills to climb some of the most beautiful landscapes in the world.
Day 1: Arriving to Hostería PapaGayo Cotopaxi
Day 2: Pasochoa
Day 3: Corazon
Day 4: Illiniza Norte
Day 5: Day off
Day 6: Cotopaxi Climb
Day 7: Cotopaxi Climb
Day 8: Day off
Day 9: Chimborazo Climb
Day 10: Chimborazo Climb
- 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 2 dinners
- Professional bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Transportation from Hostería Papagayo to the mountains and back
- 7 nights' accomodation at Hostería Papagayo
- 1 night's accommodation at Cotopaxi Refuge
- 1 night's accommodation at Chimborazo Refuge
- Wifi connectivity
- Special climbing equipment
- Transportation from/to Quito (we can arrange this for you, please enquire)
- Dinner at Hostería Papagayo
- Optional celebration champagne lunches at Hosteria (USD 10)
- Bike hiring on your free day (USD 10)
- Tips for guides
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Earn US$ 104+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPlease note that due to unforeseeable circumstances (weather conditions or health risks), you will might be unable to reach the summit of Chimborazo. That being said, however, we do promise a fantastic but unforgettable experience, complete with fully qualified and highly experienced guides, fresh and hearty meals, lots of laughter and, of course, good cold beers! Prices are per person based A minimum of two people are required to begin the trip