- duration 3.5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Learn about Hong Kong’s ties to the British monarchy at Possession Point
- Walk the Dr. Sun YatSen historical trail to learn about the founding father of Republican China and hear all about modern Chinese history
- Admire historic Western colonial architecture in old Victoria City and gain an insight into how these buildings are being reused and repurposed.
- See the Convention and Exhibition Centre from where a famous staged ceremony was broadcasted worldwide and watched by millions
You may have been to Hong Kong before but do you know the story of how it came to be? Why was Hong Kong colonized by the British? Why was it handed back to China? What will become of it in 2047, when the ’no change for 50 years’ promise by Beijing runs out? Join this Hong Kong tour to walk the streets with a local guide who can answer all those questions and more.
One-time British outpost and now a proud member of the People's Republic of China, Hong Kong has had a long and fascinating history. The history of the last century for both Hong Kong and China is mapped out in its streets for those who know where to look.
This private tour begins at Sheung Wan, specifically at Possession Point, where the British proclaimed Hong Kong to be part of their empire. It finishes at the Tamar Government Complex in Admiralty, once a dockyard of the Royal British Navy and now the headquarters of China’s Hong Kong Special Administrative Regional Government.
While this 3.5 hours tour is about the history of Hong Kong, we will also talk about what’s going on now for and where it is heading to in the future. You’re sure to finish this tour with a unique insight and understanding of Hong Kong that will enhance the rest of your stay here.
- Local English speaking guide
- Items of a personal nature
- tips / gratuities for guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Private Hong Kong: The Story of Hong Kong tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Private Hong Kong: The Story of Hong Kong tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Private Hong Kong: The Story of Hong Kong tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Sheung Wan MTR station Exit BMeeting end point :
Admiralty MTR station.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.