- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 19 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Meet some furry friends at the Giant Panda Breeding Centre.
- Visit the Shaolin Temple.
- Explore the Great Wall.
- Belt out your favourite tunes during a private karaoke session.
China is a great example of a country with equally modern and historic relevance, and with this 19-day tour you’ll learn why. By crossing the country via train you’ll not only be able to visit a bunch of different cities (and Hong Kong!) in just under three weeks, but you’ll also get to see the diverse landscapes that make up the world’s most populous country. Stand face-to-face with the Terracotta Warriors, cycle the ancient city walls, practice Tai Chi with locals, go shopping in Shanghai, or sing your heart out in a karaoke session. If you’re feeling adventurous, do it all.
Day 1: Hong Kong
Day 2: Hong Kong/Yangshuo
Day 3: Yangshuo
Day 4: Yangshuo
Day 5: Yangshuo/Chengdu
Day 6: Chengdu
Day 7: Chengdu
Day 8: Chengdu/Luoyang
Day 9: Luoyang
Day 10: Luoyang/Song Shan
Day 11: Song Shan/Beijing
Day 12: Beijing
Day 13: Beijing
Day 14: Beijing/Xi'an
Day 15: Xi'an
Day 16: Xi'an/Suzhou
Day 17: Suzhou
Day 18: Suzhou/Shanghai
Day 19: Shanghai
- Hotels (12 nts), hostels (standard twin/single) (2 nts), guesthouse (standard twin/single) (2 nts), sleeper trains (2 nts).
No meals included
Note: Allow USD470-615 for meals not included.
- Local bus, train, private vehicle.
- English-speaking Chinese CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout.
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Discover Moment: Yangshuo
- Your Discover Moment: Beijing
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Private Karaoke Session, Suzhou
- Great Wall Mutianyu Visit
- Shanghai and Xi'an orientation walks
- Private Karaoke Session (Suzhou)
- Song Shan hike
- Shaolin Temple Visit
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Hong Kong and from Shanghai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Hong Kong to Shanghai on a Shoestring tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Hong Kong to Shanghai on a Shoestring tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Hong Kong to Shanghai on a Shoestring tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hong Kong to Shanghai on a Shoestring tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.