- Local culture
- Countryside and village visits
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 18 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 12+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Yangshuo during a cycling tour. See Huangguoshu, China's largest waterfall
- Soak up the beauty of Longji Rice Terraces during a hiking trip
- Enjoy a walking tour of an ethnic village in Zhaoxing
- Go on a bus tour to the ethnic Miao village in Kaili
Join us on this guided journey as we set out to explore the Chinese countryside during this 18-day group tour. Although the trip starts in Hong Kong, you soon leave the city behind for Yangshuo, a picturesque region immortalised in numerous Chinese paintings. While in Yangshuo, you will get the chance to hike through the famous rice terraces of Longji and spend the night in Dazhai village, inhabited by members of the Yao ethnic group.
Discover the lifestyle of the Dong people in Chengyang and visit Zhaoxing, a Dong town, before taking a private bus to Kaili, the centre of the Miao ethnic group. From Kaili, you will travel to Anshun, famous for the Huangguoshu Waterfall, the largest waterfall in China.
Continue your journey to Lijiang, home to the Naxi people, descendants of Tibetan nomads. A guided tour of Xizhou, famous for its Bai architecture, awaits you next. The final destination of this trip is Kunming, where this trip comes to an end.
Please click on the green 'Check Availability' button on the top right of this page to see the available group departure dates. We also offer a private tour option to our travelers. While group tours have fixed departures, travelers get to choose their own start date when it comes to private tours. We can accommodate anywhere between one to twenty travelers in our private tours.
To send us an inquiry, click on the white 'Make An Enquiry' button on the top right of this tour page and leave us a message. Please scroll down to go through the itinerary below.
Day 1: Hong Kong arrival
Day 2: Hong Kong – Yangshuo
Day 3: Yangshuo stay
Day 4: Yangshuo stay continues
Day 5: Yangshuo – Longji Rice Terraces
Day 6: Longji – Chengyang
Day 7: Chengyang stay continues
Day 8: Chengyang – Zhaoxing
Day 9: Zhaoxing
Day 10: Zhaoxing – Kaili
Day 11: Kaili
Day 12: Kaili – Anshun (Huangguoshu Waterfall)
Day 13: Huangguoshu – Guiyang – Lijiang
Day 14: Lijiang stay
Day 15: Lijiang – Dali
Day 16: Dali – Xizhou – Dali
Day 17: Dali – Kunming
Day 18: Kunming departure
- Accommodation as per the itinerary in double/ twin-share rooms with private facilities
- An experienced, English-speaking tour guide
- Transportation during the tour. Domestic flight from Guiyang to Lijiang (including tax). High-speed train 2nd class tickets (Hong Kong – Guilin, Kaili – Anshun, Anshun – Guiyang, Dali – Kunming)
- Activities: Cycling tour in Yangshuo, Hiking tour of Longji Rice Terraces, walking tour of Dong village, Huangguoshu Waterfall walking tour, cycling tour in Lijiang & trip to the Three Pagodas in Dali
- Bus tours to the ethnic village in Zhaoxing & Miao village in Kaili
- Private bus and entrance tickets to excursion sites
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- China visa fees
- Arrival transfer on Day1 & departure transfer on Day18
- Meals other than those indicated in the itinerary (if any)
- Anything mentioned optional in the itinerary
- Tips to drivers and tour guides
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry
- A single supplement is compulsory for solo travelers and not included in the tour price
- Earn US$ 56+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.