- duration 25 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Bright lights of Hong Kong
- Active adventure in Yangshuo
- Cute Pandas
- The Terracotta Warriors
This 25-day full circuit of China take in all the major sites and more. An amazing budget china tour that covers Hong Kong, Chengdu, Beijing & Shanghai, along with plenty of off-the-beaten track adventures and activities along the way.
Starting and ending in the dazzling city of Hong Kong, we take you on a budget tour of China beginning with Yangshuo and its towering karst mountains, green fertile fields, and a long list of adventure activities to try out. It's then on to Chengdu for an encounter with the endangered but equally endearing panda bear.
Next we drop in to Xi'an for a shot of China's rich and ancient cultural history, and a visit to the world famous Terracotta Warriors. Continuing on to Dengfeng, home to the iconic Shaolin Temple, it's all out kung fu madness, with a chance to watch and even train with the masters of martial arts. Eventually we reach Beijing, China's bustling capital, and from here we take a trip out to the unmissable Great Wall of China and a night camping on the walls, and also enjoy a spectacular sunset and sunrise.
Heading towards Shanghai we spend a little time in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province amongst the beautiful bamboo forests and crystal clear lagoons, before reaching the world's biggest city. A night out in Shanghai is an experience you'll never forget. We finally work our way back to Hong Kong, stopping off in Fujian en route to sample rural China at its best.
Day 1 : Meet in Hong Kong
Day 2 : Yangshuo, bamboo raft cruise
Day 3 : Yangshuo, cooking course
Day 4 : Yangshuo, free day (optional excursions available)
Day 5 : Yangshuo, train to Chengdu
Day 6 : Chengdu, blind massage option & Chinese lesson
Day 7 : Chengdu, Panda breeding centre
Day 8 : Chengdu, free time (optional excursions available), then train to Xi'an
Day 9 : Xi'an, optional cycling tour
Day 10 : Xi'an, Terracotta Warriors tour
Day 11 : Dengfeng, optional kung fu lesson & show
Day 12 Dengfeng (optional excursions available), overnight train to Beijing
Day 13 : Arrive in Beijing, Mandarin Challenge & Great Wall
Day 14 : Beijing, free day (optional excursions available)
Day 15 : Beijing, free day (optional excursions available)
Day 16 : Beijing, free day (optional excursions available), then overnight train to Hangzhou
Day 17 : Arrive Hangzhou, transfer to Moganshan, lagoon trek
Day 18 : Mogansan Peak option, transfer to Shanghai
Day 19 : Shanghai, free day (optional excursions available)
Day 20 Shanghai, free day (optional excursions available)
Day 21 : Shanghai, free day (optional excursions available)
Day 22 : Train to Fujian
Day 23 : Fujian, roundhouse & tea plantation tour
Day 24 : Fujian, cycling tour
Day 25 : Hong Kong, tour ends
- All accommodation as stated in the itinerary in basic hostels
- All transport and transfers in trains, buses & public transport
- Bilingual adventure leaders
- Sightseeing tours as detailed in the itinerary
- Entry fees to included activities
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Airport arrival & departure transfer service (optional on request)
- All meals
- Optional activies
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tour guide tips
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 77+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this China on a Shoestring tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 November 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
China on a Shoestring tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this China on a Shoestring tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.