Take a trip through time to Jordan's Holy Land, a country brimming with religious heritage from all eras of human history. Centered on Christianity, the tour of the Holy Land will renew your soul while satisfying your spiritual aspirations. From Amman to Madaba and Jerash, traverse through the world's holiest locations, where the roots of Christianity were first laid. Also, wander through magnificent theaters and archaeological sites in Petra, float in the therapeutic waters of the Dead Sea on the lowest point on Earth, and join in for a once-in-a-lifetime journey to see the breath-taking views of the places where Moses and Jesus once guided their followers.
- Embark your Holy Land Tour from Amman, Jordan's capital, at the Baptism Site on the Jordan River, thought to be the biblical "Bethany-beyond-the-Jordan," where John baptized Jesus Christ. Explore a variety of churches and sites that date back to the Roman and Byzantine eras such as the Baptism Pools, John the Baptist's Church, and Mar Elias.
- Head to Madaba, where you can explore the Greek Orthodox Church of St. George, renowned for its ancient Byzantine mosaic map of the Holy Land and other historical monuments.
- Continue to Mount Nebo, where the Lord first revealed to Moses the Promised Land. Enjoy some of the most stunning views of the Holy Land. This is also the place where Moses is thought to have been buried.
- Take the Kings' Highway to the south and visit Moses Springs, one of the two locations from where the prophet is claimed to have brought water by striking a rock.
- Capture the major highlights of Petra, including the ancient Hercules Temple, the Byzantine Church, the Umayyad Palace, as well as a 6000-seater amphitheater built during the Roman period. While there, also learn about the various faiths that the locals follow and go on a full-day excursion to the adjacent ancient Roman city of Jerash.
- It may get very hot in the Holy Land, especially in the summer. Therefore, keep in mind to take sunscreen and light and airy clothes for the day. Make sure to carry enough water with you to stay hydrated as well.
- Always dress respectfully on your Holy Land tours or you might be denied access to temples and churches. Do not forget to carry a scarf or a shawl to cover your head when visiting holy sites.
- Be aware of pickpockets when visiting crowded areas. Carry your cash and cards in a well-secured money belt or in deep pockets where pickpockets cannot reach.
- As certain Holy Land tour packages might not provide lunch, have cash in local currency with you always in case you need to buy food or drinks.