- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Set out on one of New Zealand’s great rides as you cycle the West Coast Wilderness Trail through the South Island’s untamed natural wilderness.
- The scenery is wild, but the ride is smooth as you follow mostly trafficfree cycle paths and trails with amazing West Coast scenery at every turn.
- When you’re not on two wheels, explore on two feet during hikes at Lake Kaniere at the spectacular Point Elizabeth Lookout, where you can see the ocean stretch to the mountains.
- Experience the famous hospitality of New Zealander’s firsthand on a trail built specifically to cater to cyclists.
Feel the fresh West Coast wind in your hair (well, in your helmet) as you cycle through some of the South Island’s most spectacular scenery. Discover a region renowned for rugged coastline, fascinating inland, dazzling mountains, incredible beaches and one of New Zealand’s great rides – the incomparable Wilderness Trail. Pedal your way from Ross to Greymouth through ancient rainforests, past glacial rivers and around brooding lakes, with plenty of time to soak in magnificent views and spin a yarn with the locals. Four days, two wheels, and one unforgettable adventure.
Hokitika & Ross
Lake Kaniere & Hokitika
Lake Kaniere to Kumara
Kumara to Greymouth
- Hotel/Guesthouse (3 nights)
- 3 Breakfasts
- Bicycle (e-bike available , subject to availability)
- An expert tour leader
- Hokitika Glowworm Dell
- Lake Kaniere hiking
- Any international flights to Hokitika and from Greymouth are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle New Zealand: Wilderness Trail tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 42+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle New Zealand: Wilderness Trail tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 October 2021, a deposit of 99 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle New Zealand: Wilderness Trail tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle New Zealand: Wilderness Trail tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
- Due to the car-free nature of much of the trail this trip does not have a support vehicle, however our luggage is transported for you.
- To avoid the long uphills we use a transfer vehicle to the start of the rides on Day 2 and 3.
- Accommodation on the Wilderness Trail can be booked out months in advance so there may be occasions where we stay in nearby locations to those advertised. Your leader will inform you at the initial group meeting if this is the case on your departure.
- Due to the relatively small distances cycled on this trip, we have a single leader that rides with the group. There may be times when the leader asks one of the group to act as a backmarker.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers