- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the ancient crumbling ruins of My Son, one of Vietnam’s most important historical sites
- Admire the beautifully tranquil green valleys that surround My Son
- Enjoy a traditional Apsara dance demonstration
- Meet a friendly local family who will teach you how to make a delicious rice paper snack, which we will enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea
Get out of the city for a morning and go on an adventure as we explore the holy ruins of My Son, a stunning temple complex built by the Cham people over a period of 10 centuries to honour the Hindu gods. Discover more about this mysterious civilisation from your local guide before we make our way to a rice paper workshop hosted by a local family. Taste a fresh rice paper with a cup of coffee as we chat with our hosts about the rural Vietnamese way of life.
We will pick you up early in the morning from your hotel in Hoi An and whisk you off through the peace and quiet of the surrounding countryside. After about an hour of driving through rural Vietnam, we will reach the historic complex of My Son.
My Son is one of Vietnam’s most important heritage sites, providing a unique insight into the lives of the Cham people who lived here over a thousand years ago. Skip the line with us and explore this atmospheric architectural ensemble before the tourist hordes arrive. We will learn about the original building techniques applied during construction and the traditional materials that were used, such as timber, brick, and stone. We will also look out for the numerous craters that were left here by American bombs from the war in the 1960s and 70s.
After exploring the ruins, we will stop for an unforgettable experience to watch the Apsara dance beside the historic temples. The ladies will give a dance demonstration to the sounds of panpipes and drums, wearing colorful traditional costumes and cone-shaped hats.
On the way back to Hoi An, we will stop at a rice paper workshop to test your culinary skills and learn how to make a delicious local snack. We will then sit back and enjoy our creations with a cup of Vietnamese coffee and engage in a friendly chat with our hosts about the rural way of life here.
We will then head back into Hoi An to drop you off at your hotel or perhaps at a local restaurant for lunch, whichever you prefer. We are always happy to give you our latest restaurant recommendations. In fact, don’t forget to ask your local guide for hints and tips on how to get the most out of your stay in glorious Hoi An.
- Round trip transportation
- Local English-speaking guide
- local snack and coffee or tea with a local family.&Nbsp;
- My Son entrance fee
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- tips/gratuities for your driver and guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this My Son Discovery tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 June 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
My Son Discovery tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this My Son Discovery tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Pick-up at centrally located hotel in Hoi An.Meeting end point :
Drop-off at centrally located hotel in Hoi An.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.