- duration 5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage listed streets of Hoi An
- Stroll through the atmospheric Hoi An Old Town
- Experience an authentic Vietnamese cooking class
- Learn how to shop for ingredients at a local market
Starting with a walking tour to discover the historical and cultural significance in Hoi An Old Town before heading to a delightful local cooking class. Confident cooks and hopeless pot burners will equally love this Hoi An tour focused on food. Hit the market with a local to source some fresh ingredients, then learn to cook Vietnamese food flavors at a family-run restaurant. The best part? You get to eat your creations
Discover the history and flavours of Vietnam during this walking and cooking tour of Hoi An. This is a place oozing with charm, and having largely escaped the destruction of successive wars, its streets and architecture are a delight to explore. After being picked up, head straight for the Old Town ready to hit its ancient streets.
Now a UNESCO World Heritage site, Hoi An's Old Town is packed with buildings of historical and cultural significance, and boasts a number of streets that are off-limits to cars. Stroll past the many Chinese Assembly Halls, from the Cantonese Chinese Congregation with its impressive main altar, to the Hainan Chinese Congregation, which serves as a memorial to 107 merchants from Hainan Island who were mistaken for pirates and killed during the reign of Emperor Tu Duc. Stop by the Japanese Covered Bridge, which was constructed in the 1590s by the town’s Japanese community to link them with the Chinese quarters across the stream.
After this brief walking tour of Hoi An, head to a family-run restaurant for a delightful local cooking class. The chef will run through the range of delicious dishes that you will recreate, then it’s time to hit the Hoi An local market to stock up on all the fresh produce needed to create the feast. Learn how to choose the best supplies, and discover some of the less-familiar ingredients, then head back to the restaurant ready to cook.
Pick up recipes to wow your family and friends with and discover the tricks to making some of the legendary Vietnamese dishes at home. Sit down to feast on all the delicious dishes you’ve created, and promise yourself (and us) that you'll share this culinary glory when you get home.
- Vietnamese cooking class for lunch.
- Local English speaking guide
- Hoi An market visit
- Hoi An Ancient Town entrance fee
- Items of a personal nature and tips or gratuities for guide
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Hoi An Walking & Cooking Class tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 December 2020, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Hoi An Walking & Cooking Class tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hoi An Walking & Cooking Class tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Front entrance of Hoian Post Office, 6 Tran Hung Dao street, HoiaMeeting end point :
Cooking Class CenterCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.