- duration 2.5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Eat your way through Hoi An, local style
- Discover hidden local food spots off the tourist trail
- Venture into the Old Town’s maze of alleys and bustling markets in search of tasty treats
- Explore Hoi An’s unique food culture through its best dishes
Get ready, because Hoi An is about to charm the pants off you. Its secret weapon? Food. Unlock the flavours of the Old Town bite by bite, digging in everywhere you look and discovering unforgettable tastes at every turn. Let’s go!
Discover the Old Town of Hoi An after the sun has gone down — not only is it the best way to escape the midday heat, it’s also the perfect excuse to dig in to its tasty street food scene!
Our Hoi An food tour starts around sunset, and will walk you through local cafes, food stalls, markets, and restaurants, giving you a filling food adventure for the memory books.
First up – a local bakery that has been making the tastiest banh mi in town for over 20 years. They use the freshest local ingredients and are famous for their banh mi, a scrumptious sandwich that will fire up your taste buds and get them ready for the flavours ahead!
From one local fave to another, next we’ll join locals at a small eatery, taking a seat on the ubiquitous small plastic chairs and sampling tasty BBQ pork rolled with rice paper and fresh herbs. Served with typical soya dipping sauce, this dish is one of the highlights of the local food scene and an absolute must-devour.
Our food tour of Hoi An continues into the atmospheric heart of the city as we head straight for the central market. What awaits us there are hundreds of street hawkers and food stalls selling a staggering array of local produce, including fresh noodles, sweet jelly, seasonal fruits, and live seafood. Your knowledgeable local guide will walk you through the colorful array of ingredients, filling you in on the most popular dishes in Hoi An and the significance of these foods to the traditional culture of central Vietnam.
From here, we’ll dig even deeper into the local food scene, passing through a maze of tiny alleys to emerge at one of our fave (secret) restaurants in Hoi An, where we’ll sample two of Hoi An’s specialties: deep-fried wonton and white rose dumplings.
Believe it or not, there’s more food to come! Our Hoi An food tour continues to a street vendor where a plate of chicken rice awaits. Be sure to save space though, as we still have yet another treat in store for dessert and a local beer.
We’ll finish our Hoi An food adventure at a local café near the iconic Japanese covered bridge, which is the perfect spot to conclude our culinary escapades. Top off the tour with a Vietnamese coffee or tea, take in the gentle pace of our beloved Hoi An, and reflect on your fave dishes of the evening (if you can pick!).
- Local English-speaking guide
- All food and drink items indicated in the itinerary such as banh mi
- Banh xeo
- Fried shrimp wonton
- White rose dumpling
- Chicken rice
- Local snack
- one Vietnamese coffee and one local beer.&Nbsp;
- Items of a personal nature
- additional food and drinks
- tips/gratuities for local guide
- Hoi An Ancient Town Ticket 120.000VND or 6USD/person. (The Hoi An Centre for Cultural Heritage Management and Preservation requires visitors to purchase an entrance ticket for Hoi An’s Old Quarter. You will need to have this entrance ticket before joining the tour
- and we request that you bring it with you on your Hoi An Food Adventure Tour in case local authorities check.)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Hoi An Food Adventure tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Hoi An Food Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hoi An Food Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Front entrance of Hoian Post Office, 6 Tran Hung Dao street, HoiaMeeting end point :
Local Café – Japanese Covered Bridge, Old TowCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.