- Walking tour
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 4 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Navigate the scenic Cape Freycinet isthmus on foot, marvelling at the white sands of the famous Wineglass Bay, and discovering lesser known beaches and coves along the way.
- Ferry to the acclaimed Maria Island, and embark on two looped hikes to some of the region’s most incredible cliffs and coastal views. Full of settler history, consider hiring a bike to discover more of the island.
- Keep an eye out for swooping sea birds and Australian animals like kangaroos and wombats as you walk. Plus, depending on the time of the year, you could spot a breaching whale from these promontories!
Maria Island and Freycinet National Park are jewels in Tasmania’s already studded crown of coastal wonders, and on this hiking adventure, you will be able to discover both and more in all the East Coast’s wild beauty. From Hobart, spend four days hiking some of the southern state’s best coastal walks, including part of the Three Capes Track, the Fossil Cliffs and Painted Cliffs loops and to the awe-inspiring Wineglass Bay. With a knowledgeable leader joining you each step of the way, plus a selection of group dinners included in your itinerary, Tasmania’s East Coast will no doubt delight in this active escape.
Day 1: Hobart – Orford
Day 2: Maria Island – Swansea
Day 3: Freycinet National Park/Wineglass Bay – Launceston
Day 4: Launceston
- Hotel (3 nights)
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
- Private Vehicle , Ferry , Walking
- An expert tour leader
- Any international flights to Hobart and from Launceston are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walk the East Coast of Tasmania tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Save US$ 68 today.
- Earn US$ 45+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walk the East Coast of Tasmania tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 June 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 June 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walk the East Coast of Tasmania tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walk the East Coast of Tasmania tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip involves plenty of walking over varied terrain and is best suited to travellers with a good level of mobility. Good footwear, clothing for all types of Tasmanian weather, plus perhaps walking poles are recommended. Details on physical activities can be found in the itinerary.
- Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
- This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.