- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Embark on a number of nature walks along the best trails of Tasmania’s South Coast, hiking along rugged cliff edges, down to white sandy beaches and to some of the most scenic viewpoints in the region.
- Spend a day kayaking or rafting along the flowing rapids of Picton River in the Huon Valley, then head high in the trees as you walk through the renowned Tahune Airwalk with your small group.
- After venturing through South Bruny National Park, meet with a resident guide on Bruny Island who will take you through the maritime history of the area as you tour Cape Bruny Lighthouse.
- Keep it simple and smart with your own packed lunch along your walks, prepared by you before you leave for the day. That way, you’ll experience the best of the coast, and appreciate your dinners in town all the better!
Tasmania’s southern coastline often misses the notoriety it so definitely deserves, but with six days exploring the trails and scenic walks on Bruny Island and beyond, you’ll discover how naturally diverse this slice of the state actually is. Join your experienced leader on a number of day hikes – including Cape Queen Elizabeth, East Cloudy Head and South Cape Bay Beach walks – truly understanding the harsh beauty of the terrain and the dominating force of the southern oceans. Take time winding through native Australian bushland past colourful birdlife, swap the roads for rapids as you float down the Picton River, and stroll high above the forest canopies on the acclaimed Tahune Airwalk. This Tasmanian adventure is all about appreciating the lush outdoors, without any hassle about the travel, transfers or bookings.
Hobart / Bruny Island
Bruny Island / Dover
South Cape Bay / Dover
Dover / Huon Valley / Hobart
- Hotel (5 nights)
- 4 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Private Vehicle , Ferry , Walking
- An expert tour leader
- Bruny Island - Cape Bruny Lighthouse Tour
- Tahune Adventures - Tahune Airwalk
- Tahune Adventures - Twin River Adventure
- Any international flights to/from Hobart are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walk Bruny Island & the Tasmanian South Coast tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 86+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walk Bruny Island & the Tasmanian South Coast tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 October 2021, a deposit of 99 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walk Bruny Island & the Tasmanian South Coast tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walk Bruny Island & the Tasmanian South Coast tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip involves plenty of walking over varied terrain and is best suited to travellers with a good level of mobility. Good footwear, clothing for all types of Tasmanian weather, plus perhaps walking poles are recommended. Details on physical activities can be found in the itinerary.
- Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
- This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.