- Walking tour
- Getaways and short breaks
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 24
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Gain an insight into the unique flora, fauna and landscapes of Tasmania on this pioneering trip that takes you to parts of the island that are more off the beaten track.
- Discover the breathtaking Bay of Fires – an incredible stretch of coastal heaven, famous for the fiery orange lichen that clings to its boulderclad beaches.
- Watch translucent waters lap powderwhite sands in one of Freycinet National Park’s secluded bays – perhaps climbing to the summit of Mt Amos for a panoramic vista of this iconic landscape.
- Trek along multiple walking trails in the World Heritagelisted Cradle Mountain National Park – keeping an eye out for furry critters, including wombats and wallabies.
Capture the ethereal splendour and remote wonders of an island that prospers in its isolation on this nature-filled adventure through Tasmania. Discover uninterrupted UNESCO national parks, from the coastal heath and sand dunes that meet the rainforest in Tarkine to the glacier-sculpted terrain that envelops Cradle Mountain. Stroll along the stunning Hazards Beach in the shadow of Freycinet’s pink peaks and be mesmerised by the contrasting powder-white sands, turquoise waters and orange-hued granite in the world-famous Bay of Fires. Surround yourself with endemic wildlife, from Tasmanian devils to fairy penguins, and spend your free evenings indulging in world-class seafood in quaint coastal towns.
Hobart - Central Plateau
Cradle Mountain - Launceston
Freycinet National Park
- Hostel (5 nights)
- An expert tour leader
- Mt Field National Park - Lake St Clair
- Cradle Mountain - Cradle Mountain Walk
- Freycinet National Park - Bay of Fires
- Freycinet National Park - Walk to the Wineglass Bay
- Any international flights to/from Hobart are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Taste of Tasmania tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 24+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Taste of Tasmania tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 October 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Taste of Tasmania tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Taste of Tasmania tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip is operated and run by our trusted partner, Under Down Under. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Under Down Under customers and Intrepid customers. Intrepid works closely with Under Down Under to ensure that all of our customers enjoy their time away.
- This is an Intrepid Basix trip. Accommodation is multi-share, so you'll be sharing your sleeping quarters with other travellers of all genders. For a similar itinerary with twin-share accommodation, enter code PNTW6-O on our website.
- No meals are included on this trip. This allows you the freedom to style your own foodie tour of Tasmania, sampling the local produce in the different regions of the island (with plenty of suggestions from your leader of course).
- Our leaders are the classic do-it-all Aussie – they know the best spots to watch the sunset, can drive you to your next destination, take you on a guided hike or even whip up dinner for the group on some trips. While they won’t always do all these jobs on every trip, be aware they will be juggling many things on your tour and may have less time to spend with you. They will always be working hard to ensure you and your group have a fantastic time exploring Australia.
- Temperatures can fluctuate in Tasmania. It's important to prepare – pack suitable clothing for hot, cold, dry and wet weather, just in case.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.