- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 5-99 yrs
- max group size 48
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-20908
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Explore Hellyer's Road Whisky Distillery, Freestone Point, Bridestowe Lavender Estate, and Port Arthur Historic Site with a Local Specialist
- Discover Hobart
- Visit Salamanca Market, Royal Botanical Gardens Hobart, Russell Falls, Cradle Mountain and Freycinet National Parks
- View Dove Lake in Cradle Mountain National Park, and the historic Richmond Bridge
- Scenic Cruise on the Gordon River, and on Wineglass Bay
Like its name suggests, this is your perfect Tasmania tour. Experience stellar sunsets, dramatic cliff faces of the rugged Tasman Peninsula to picturesque Wineglass Bay, wildlife you can only find in Tassie, Port Arthur’s rich history, local wines, and fresh food from both land and sea.
Day 1: Welcome to Hobart
Day 2: Discover Old and New Hobart
Day 3: Strahan, Gateway to Macquarie Harbor
Day 4: Cruise on the River Snatched from the Brink
Day 5: Cradle Mountain's Wonderful Wilderness
Day 6: Launceston, Capital of the North
Day 7: Wilderness and Wine in Launceston
Day 8: Escape to the East Coast
Day 9: Discover the Bays of Freycinet Make Travel Matter
Day 10: Welcome Back to Hobart Make Travel Matter
Day 11: Explore Historic Port Arthur Dive Into Culture
Day 12: Make the Most of Hobart Make Travel Matter
Day 13: Farewell Hobart
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 12 Breakfast (B)
- 1 Farewell Dinner (FD)
- 5 Dinner (D)
- 3 Lunch (L)
- All land transport shown. All transfers shown
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
- 1 Be My Guest (BMG)
- Any international flights to/from Hobart are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Perfect Tasmania tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 173+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Perfect Tasmania tour. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 64 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 01 December 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 01 December 2023, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 64 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Perfect Tasmania tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Perfect Tasmania tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Small group version of this tour may be available, which limits the group size to generally 29 people.
- Groups traveling together will be seated together, and face coverings will be required where mandated, otherwise it is the choice of our guests if they wish to wear face coverings when traveling on the coach. Additionally, all surfaces will be disinfected multiple times per day, and due to our high performing air filters the air within the coach will be completely filtered and changed every 2-3 minutes
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children aged 5-15, who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.
Should I select a specific region while visiting Australia?
The sheer size of Australia makes it difficult to see the country in just a few days or a week. If you have limited time, it is a good idea to choose a specific region and explore it fully. If you have three weeks or more, you could fit in one or two regions, like New South Wales or the Gold Coast. Ideally, we recommend spending at least 10 days or a fortnight in Australia. But again, the longer you stay, the better.
What to bring on a vacation to Australia?
There are a few travel essentials that you should not leave off your packing list. These include an Australian adapter, a waterproof phone case, a broad-brimmed hat, and reef-friendly sunscreen. Be sure to pack a water bottle and a good first aid kit. It is also advisable to take some activated charcoal in case you have tummy issues, and a sarong always comes in handy as a towel and shade cloth. and do not forget to organize travel insurance before you leave.
What is the best time to visit Australia?
The best time to visit Australia is during the spring between September and November and the fall between March and May when the weather is at its best and things are quieter on the tourist front. The best time to visit the areas on the coast is during the dry season from April to November, while the inner areas of the country, such as the outback, are best visited when it is cooler between March and May, or September and November.
What are the major attractions in Australia?
Australia has a wealth of beautiful and diverse landscapes, sprawling national parks, ancient historic sites, modern cities, world-class wine regions, and a fantastic culinary scene. Some of the major attractions include the Sydney Opera House in New South Wales; the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park in Queensland, and the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park in the Northern Territory. Other great spots to visit are the Blue Mountains National Park in New South Wales, the Daintree National Park in Queensland, and K'Gari (Fraser Island). Driving along the Great Ocean Road in Victoria is another popular tourist activity.