- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 11
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Get outside and reconnect with nature and your body as you discover the ultimate way to experience the South East Coast of Tasmania – cycling through pristine, unspoilt beauty and the slow pace of Apple Isle life.
- Spend two nights in peaceful Coles Bay, gateway to the iconic Freycinet National Park. Sit back and relax after your days of cycling, or explore the surrounding wilderness.
- Experience the many contrasts Tasmania has to offer, from the cosmopolitan city of Hobart and history of Port Arthur to the stunning coastal scenery beside the Tasman Sea.
- Get a real taste of Tasmania as you visit local producers, wineries, oyster farms, lavender farms and wildlife sanctuaries along the way.
Take your local ride into a higher gear with this bike-powered adventure along Tasmania’s South East Coast from Hobart. Days will be filled with revitalising rides through beautiful surrounds and memorable landscapes, and dropping into local producers for a taste of Tasmania’s celebrated harvest. The scent of the forest fills the area outside Hobart, fresh seafood fills the plate in Triabunna, and crisp, fresh air will fill your lungs as you cycle to country towns, along the coast, and to Freycinet National Park where clear waters lap secluded shores. Coupled with a fascinating insight into history at Port Arthur and Maria Island, this fully-guided cycling adventure is the perfect way to get out of town and explore all that Tasmania has to offer.
Different landscapes. lakes and Bungle Bungles let you understand more about this wild Kimberley. If you like hiking,
swimming and drinking Champagne at the same time in the
Lake Agryle, go.”
Cycle Bicheno to Coles Bay
Freycinet National Park
Cycle Coles Bay to Triabunna
Cycle Maria Island National Park
Cycle Port Arthur and return to Hobart
- Hotel/Guesthouse (4 nights), Glamping ( night)
- 4 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch
- Bicycle (e-bike available , subject to availability) , support vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Maria Island Cycling
- Any international flights to/from Hobart are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Tasmania's South East Coast tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 80+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Tasmania's South East Coast tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 October 2021, a deposit of 99 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Tasmania's South East Coast tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Tasmania's South East Coast tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
- For Cycling trips these changes are usually around finding even better roads to ride on, which can alter the distance/time we spend riding on a day to day basis, but can sometimes even extend to overnight locations.
- To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
- This trip covers a range of cycling distances - from 20 to 50 kilometres – so this trip is suitable for most levels of fitness. Or book an e-bike!
- There’s the possibility of a few hiccups along the way – a puncture here and there maybe – but there’s no doubt this is an incredibly rewarding adventure.
- If you’re confident in your cycling ability, then you can opt to do longer rides on most cycling days.
- The weather in this region can be varied. Be prepared to get sweaty and for the occasional rainstorm, which may require a change of plans.
- If you feel like doing all the riding but with less effort we have the option of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) on this trip.
- This trip features 1 night (Day 4) in comfortable permanent tents with shared communal toilet and shower facilities.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers