- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- See the very best that Vietnam has to offer in just 10 days as you traverse the country from bottom to top with a small group of up to 15 new friends.
- Visit some of the mustsee sights with your group such as a walking tour in Hoi An and the Temple of Literature in Hanoi, as well as plenty of free time to make your own discoveries.
- Travel through Vietnam like a local as you explore the cosmopolitan and rural landscapes by boat, train, plane, tuktuk, taxi and motorbike.
- Sample local food wherever you go: a seafood dinner on Halong Bay, lunch at a Buddhist nunnery, coconut candy in the Mekong Delta, and a final dinner at KOTO restaurant – oh, and did we mention the street food?
Go behind the scenes of Vietnam’s hot-spots on a small-group adventure that avoids the tourists.
From the fast-paced hub of Ho Chi Minh City to the charming capital of Hanoi, experience the beautiful landscapes, history-soaked monuments and all the delicious cuisine in between as you traverse the country from South to North like a local: paddle through the waterways of the Mekong Delta in a sampan, explore remote villages via tuk-tuk, cruise through the waters of Halong Bay on a traditional boat, wander the car-free streets of Hoi An on foot and discover the imperial icons of Hue from the back of a motorbike – and with the guidance of your expert local leader, you’ll discover secrets to this South-East Asian gem that you simply won’t find in a guidebook.
Ho Chi Minh City
Mekong Delta - Ho Chi Minh City
Hue - Overnight Train
- Hotel (7 nights), Overnight boat (1 night), Overnight sleeper train (1 night)
- 8 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Boat , Overnight sleeper train , Plane , Private minibus , Private vehicle , Taxi , Motorbike
- An expert tour leader
- Mekong Delta - Mekong Delta Day Trip & Village Tuk-Tuk Tour
- Mekong Delta - Lunch
- Hoi An - Old Town walking tour
- Hue - Imperial City Full Day Tour Urban Adventure
- Hue - Royal tomb of Emperor Tu Duc
- Hue - Highlights & back streets by motorbike (lunch included)
- Hue - Motorbike Tour Lunch
- Hanoi - Temple of Literature
- Hanoi - One Pillar Pagoda & HCM stilt house
- Hanoi - Old Quarter Walking Tour
- Halong Bay - Overnight Boat Cruise
- Hanoi - KOTO dinner
- Any international flights to Ho Chi Minh City and from Hanoi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Vietnam Express Northbound tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 40+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Vietnam Express Northbound tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Vietnam Express Northbound tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Vietnam Express Northbound tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- We cover a lot of distance on this trip, including on overnight trains. Accommodation and amenities are shared and basic, but the experience of rubbing shoulders with the locals makes it all worthwhile. For more about what this experience is like, see our blog post intrepidtravel.com/adventures/what-to-expect-on-an-overnight.
- The sightseeing tour by motorbike in Hue is great fun with bikes driven safely by professionals (and helmets provided), but alternative transport can be arranged for those who would prefer not to travel by motorbike.
- Depending on where you come from, the weather in Vietnam might be hotter and more humid than what you are used to. We recommend checking online for what the typical temperatures will be at the time of year you are looking to travel. This page might be useful: intrepidtravel.com/vietnam/weather-in-vietnam
- Some travellers find the pace of this trip quite fast as we are covering a lot of destinations in a short amount of time. If you would like a more relaxed pace with more time to explore, you might like to consider a longer trip, or additional days in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
- This itinerary also runs in reverse direction, from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City, see trip code TVSF on our website.
- You may also want to check out our Best of Cambodia & Vietnam (TKSKC) if you have longer time to explore in the region. https://www.intrepidtravel.com/vietnam/best-cambodia-vietnam-127028
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point instructions