- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- After spending time admiring Hoi An’s World Heritagelisted ancient town, hop on a bike and pedal beside rice fields and through small villages on a guided bicycle tour of the surrounding countryside.
- Spend two days on Cat Ba Island relaxing on tiny beaches, hiking through verdant jungle and kayaking around karststudded Lan Ha Bay. It’s just like Halong, but with fewer tourists!
- Cruise around the backwater canals of the Mekong Delta – the ‘rice bowl’ of Vietnam – and discover rural life and local interactions along the shores with your small group.
- Explore the 36 streets of Hanoi’s Old Quarter, as well as the Dong Xuan Market and Hoan Kiem Lake, taking in the unique mixture of French Colonial and Buddhist architecture.
Trace Vietnam’s eastern coastline on this 15-day Lonely Planet Experience, tackling the country from south to north and discovering the many wonders that lie along the way. From the modern chaos of Ho Chi Minh City all the way up to old-world Hanoi, you'll experience tumultuous history, colonial charm, vibrant colours, delicious food and inspiring scenery on your adventure. Take a boat cruise along the Mekong Delta, tour the backstreets of Hoi An with a local, enjoy a rural homestay in Da Bac and explore the beautiful karsts of Lan Ha Bay.
Ho Chi Minh City
Mekong Delta – Ho Chi Minh City – Overnight Train
Hue – Overnight Train
Cat Ba Island
Cat Ba Island
- Guesthouse (1 night), Homestay (1 night), Hotel (10 nights), Overnight sleeper train (2 nights)
- 2 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Boat , Overnight sleeper train , Private minibus , Taxi , Train
- An expert tour leader
- Mekong Delta - Boat Cruise and Homestay
- Mekong Delta - Boat Cruise Lunch
- Hoi An - Old Town walking tour
- Hoi An - Countryside bicycle hire
- Hanoi - Old Quarter Walking Tour
- Da Bac - Homestay and activities
- Da Bac - Sung Cave hike
- Da Bac - Sung village to Da Bia hike
- Da Bac - Hoa Binh Reservoir Cruise
- Da Bia - Muong Tribe Lunch
- Cat Ba Island - Kayaking
- Cat Ba Island - Boat trip on Lan Ha Bay
- Cat Ba Island - Lan Ha Bay Lunch
- Any international flights to Ho Chi Minh City and from Hanoi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Vietnam Discovery tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 41+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Vietnam Discovery tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Vietnam Discovery tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Vietnam Discovery tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- You may also want to check out our Cambodia and Vietnam Experience (TKRNC) if you have longer time to explore in the region. https://www.intrepidtravel.com/vietnam/cambodia-vietnam-experience-126711 You may also want to check out our Cambodia and Vietnam Experience (TKRNC) if you have longer time to explore in the region. https://www.intrepidtravel.com/vietnam/cambodia-vietnam-experience-126711
- Once on this trip, including on overnight trains. Accommodation and amenities are shared and basic, but the experience of rubbing shoulders with the locals makes it all worthwhile. For more about what this experience is like, see our blog post here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/what-to-expect-on-an-overnight.
- You'll be spending two nights with local families on this trip. While during these homestays the accommodation is shared and basic, this is a great opportunity to connect with the local people (and enjoy delicious home-cooked meals!). Read more about what to expect here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/community-based-tourism-vietnam
- Your visit to Hoi An includes a bicycle tour of the surrounding countryside. Although the ride isn’t strenuous, you will need a basic level of fitness to take part.
- There is an included hike of up to six kilometres (almost four miles) in the countryside in Da Bac. While this hike is within the capabilities of most travellers, please let your booking agent know if you have any concerns. Good walking shoes are recommended.
- This trip gives you plenty of free time in each location, perfect for the traveller who appreciates a bit of independence.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description