- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- age_requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience three distinctly different countries in two weeks
- Overnight in the Mekong Delta at a homestay
- Visit the moving Killing Fields of Cambodia
- Explore the world famous Angkor complex
Beginning in frenetic Saigon we cross three countries in two weeks, making for a varied and fascinating trip. We encounter the majestic ruins of Angkor, the lush fertility of the Mekong Delta and the sobering faces of the tragic recent history of Vietnam and Cambodia. Getting off the beaten track, we journey into rural Cambodia and have time to relax by the beach as well as visiting the UNESCO site of Khao Yai National Park exploring jungle trails. A short stay in Bangkok rounds off our trip perfectly as we explore the colourful markets that provide a mouth-watering array at meal times. The delicious cuisine is a treasure of this exotic region.
Day 1: Start Saigon
Day 2: Visit Cu Chi Tunnels; tour of Saigon
Day 3: Mekong Delta; visit floating market; overnight homestay guesthouse
Day 4: Walking tour in the delta; visit Sam Mountain for sunset; overnight Chau Doc
Day 5: to Cambodia: visit pepper plantation then transfer to Kampot; sunset river
Day 6: Full day boat trip to tropical Koh Tonsai Island
Day 7: Drive to Phnom Penh; free time
Day 8: Full day sightseeing including the Royal Palace and the 'Killing Fields'
Day 9: To Siem Reap
Day 10: Full day exploring temple complex at Angkor
Day 11: Further time at Angkor; free afternoon
Day 12: To Thailand; transfer to Bangkok
Day 13: Tour of Bangkok including Wat Pho, free time
Day 14: End Bangkok
- 12 nights comfortable hotels and 1 night homestay guesthouse to experience Mekong Delta hospitality , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner
- Travel by private minibus or bus (subject to group sizes) and boat
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 14 days Land Only/16 day Flight Inclusive Itinerary valid from October 2021 onwards
- Rural locations and city days
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival & departure transfers
- Any international flights to Ho Chi Minh City and from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Thai Indochina Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 86+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Thai Indochina Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Thai Indochina Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Thai Indochina Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.