- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-29 yrs
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience local life during homestays in the Mekong Delta and Da Bac. Get to know the local families, participate in communitybased activities and enjoy a homestyle meal with your small group.
- Jump on a bike and pedal around charming Hoi An – the best way to see the town and surrounding countryside. Also, the food here? You guessed it: super delicious.
- Hue is an historical city with a lot of style. Wander around a citadelwithinacitadel and dare to gaze upon the Forbidden Purple City – it's not forbidden just to look, is it?
- It's taken 400 million years for Phong Nha to look this good, so you'd better take advantage. Explore caves, underground rivers and caverns big enough to sail into.
From Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi, experience authentic Vietnam on this epic 15-day adventure from south to north. See how the locals live on the Mekong Delta, discover rich history in Hoi An and taste some awesome food in Hue. Drift on the emerald waters around Cat Ba Island by boat and go for a snoop through some of Hanoi's many markets. This is the make-em-jealous, full-on, once-in-a-lifetime trip up the coast of Vietnam you've been waiting for.
Ho Chi Minh City
Mekong Delta - Overnight Train
Phong Nha – Overnight Train
Cat Ba Island
- Guesthouse (1 nights), Homestay (2 nights), Hotel (9 nights), Overnight sleeper train (2 nights)
- 3 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Boat , Private minibus , Overnight sleeper train
- An expert tour leader
- Mekong Delta - Boat cruise with visits to local producers
- Mekong Delta - Homestay
- Ho Chi Minh City - Ca Phe Bet with locals
- Hoi An - Old Town walking tour
- Hoi An - Banh mi lunch
- Hoi An - Countryside bicycle tour
- Hue - Home cooked dinner
- Hue - Street food breakfast
- Hanoi - Vietnamese coffee
- Hanoi - Old Quarter walking tour with local student guides
- Da Bac - Homestay and activities
- Da Bac - Sung Cave hike
- Da Bac - Sung village to Da Bia hike
- Da Bac - Hoa Binh Reservoir Cruise
- Cat Ba Island - Kayaking
- Cat Ba Island - Boat trip on Lan Ha Bay
- Cat Ba Island - Rice paper roll class
- Any international flights to Ho Chi Minh City and from Hanoi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Real Vietnam tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 40+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Real Vietnam tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 July 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Real Vietnam tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Real Vietnam tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- We cover a lot of distance on this trip, including on overnight trains. Accommodation and amenities are shared and basic, but the experience of rubbing shoulders with the locals makes it all worthwhile.
- You'll be spending two nights with local families on this trip. While the accommodation is shared and basic, this is a great opportunity to connect with the local people (and enjoy delicious home-cooked meals!). Many travellers list these homestay experiences as the highlight of their Vietnam adventure and ease into the night very quickly after arrival.
- Vietnamese roads can be hectic and intimidating to cross. Never fear – your leader will show you how to do it like a local in Hanoi's Old Quarter.
- This trip is for travellers who appreciate a bit of independence. You'll get plenty of free time in each location to make your own choices and do your own activities. Your leader will always be there to give you tips and suggestions.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.