- duration 8 hours
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- age_requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience the incredibly lush beauty of the Mekong Delta
- Cruise the Mekong River and see what life is like on the Delta
- Savour tropical fruit on an island, see how local coconut candy is made, and visit a honey farm
- Explore the bustling port city of My Tho
Ever wonder how all the people of Vietnam get fed? Journey to the Mekong Delta area to see the agricultural heartland of Vietnam on this tour. Boat down the Mekong, visit a bee farm, row a sampan down a canal, snack on tropical fruit, and see how the people live outside of Ho Chi Minh City.
Escape the city for a tour of the Mekong Delta, where you'll see what life is like beyond the urban centre of the south. About 2.5 hours away is the city of My Tho, a former naval base that is now a bustling port city in the Mekong Delta.
The area is the final destination of the mighty Mekong River, which winds its way from Tibet, through China, Burma, Laos, Cambodia, and finally into Vietnam. An incredibly fertile region, the Mekong Delta's prime industry is food production, producing approximately half of Vietnam's total agricultural output. Local life for villages in the area revolves around the rivers and canals that make up the delta, so much so that people are more likely to transport by river than road.
Upon arrival into My Tho, we board our private boat for a cruise on the Mekong River. Our first stop is at a fish farm, to gain an insight into one of the cottage industries in the region. On our Mekong tour, we'll visit an island with lush tropical gardens where we have a chance to sample tropical fruit. Continuing to another island in the Mekong Delta, we'll learn more about another cottage industry, coconut candy. Your local guide will take you to a factory and explain the process of making the sweet. As we meander down the Mekong, we'll have a chance to visit local villages in the area and learn more about the traditional lifestyles, culture, and customs of people who call the Delta their home.
Continuing on our Mekong discover, we'll travel by Xe Loi (motorised cart), and visit a bee farm, from where we'll transfer to a smaller rowing boat to help us get deeper into the smaller canals of the Delta. For lunch, we'll hit up Diem Phuong restaurant, where your local guide will provide you with some advice on the finer points of local cuisine and assist with ordering some of these delicacies.
After lunch, our Ho Chi Minh City river tour will come to an end, and we'll head back to My Tho for the journey back to Ho Chi Minh City where you will be dropped off at your hotel.
- Vietnamese lunch
- Local English speaking guide
- boat trip and sampan
- motorised cart
- Coconut drink
- Tropical fruit and traditional snack tasting.&Nbsp;
- all entrance fees in Mekong Delta
- Items of a personal nature
- tips / gratuities for drivers or guides.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Mekong Discovery tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mekong Discovery tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mekong Discovery tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Pick up at the front entrance of the Saigon Opera House - Dong Khoi St, District 1 (intersection of Le Loi St)Meeting end point :
Drop off at centrally located hotels in Ho Chi Minh CityCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.