- Getaways and short breaks
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 2 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- A homestay in the Mekong Delta is a great way to meet friendly locals and experience everyday life in Vietnam.
- Understand daily life on the lifeblood of Vietnam with visits to the islands and smaller cottage industries that keep the area buzzing
- Experience delta hospitality firsthand with a warm welcome and home cooked meal from your homestay hosts
- Cycle along local paths on a bike ride to the colourful market, and chat with locals while gathering supplies for lunch
With its meandering waterways and flourishing farms, the Mekong Delta is a place not to be missed. Venture out through this iconic landscape and discover riverbanks dotted with coconut palms swaying in the breeze and sprawling rice fields sparkling in the sun. Be dazzled by a collage of coloured orchards, marvel at ramshackled houses on stilts and travel a waterway that bursts at the seams with boats of every conceivable size and shape. Learn about life on the Mekong Delta from local hosts, savour freshly picked fruit and gain a true appreciation of why this area is known as the ‘ricebowl of Vietnam’.
Ho Chi Minh City / Mekong Delta Homestay
Mekong Delta / Ho Chi Minh City
- Homestay (1 night)
- 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Boat , Minibus , Private vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Ho Chi Minh City - Mekong Discovery Urban Adventure
- Mekong Delta - Local Dinner
- Mekong Delta - Lunch
- Any international flights to/from Ho Chi Minh City are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mekong Delta Farmstay tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mekong Delta Farmstay tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mekong Delta Farmstay tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mekong Delta Farmstay tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- You'll be spending a night with a local family on this trip. While the accommodation is shared and basic, this is a great opportunity to connect with the local people (and enjoy delicious home-cooked meals!). Read more about the experience here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/community-based-tourism-vietnam/
- In order to access some of the smaller roads on Day 1, you will travel by motorised cart. Please be aware that it can get noisy.
- On this trip it is possible that you will be joined by other travellers, some who may have booked on a longer trip, or even with a different company.
- This short trip spends little time in Ho Chi Minh City, using it as a base from which to reach the Delta. Should you want to spend more time in Ho Chi Minh City, perhaps consider our South Vietnam Getaway, which incorporates this homestay.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.