- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 6 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Check out all the major Ho Chi Minh City sights like Saigon Opera House, Notre Dame Cathedral, General Post Office, and Reunification Palace
- See war relics at the War Remnants Museum
- Experience authentic local life in Ho Chi Minh City as you explore ancient pagodas and beautiful colonial architecture
- Wander the lively streets of HCMC's Chinatown and visit Thien Hau Temple
Got a spare day in Ho Chi Minh City up your sleeve? Fill it with this full day tour that covers a lot of ground. Museums, monuments, a temple, and the every day mayhem of the busy city streets all converge on this unforgettable Urban Adventure.
Experience the best travel stories for yourself. Join a local expert and uncover hidden gems on this city adventure hand-picked by the world's leading travel publisher. Lonely Planet Experiences powered by Urban Adventures bring stories to life in the best-loved cities around the globe.
This mesmerizing full day Ho Chi Minh City walking tour gives you a fun and fascinating insight into the history, culture, and the daily life of the locals in this busy, buzzing city.
We'll start the tour by checking out some of the major Ho Chi Minh sights like the Opera House, the General Post Office (an icon of Saigon), and Notre Dame Cathedral, built by the French during the colonial era.
Our HCMC tour then takes us to Reunification Palace, previously referred to as the Presidential Palace, and the site of the official South Vietnamese surrender on April 30th, 1975.
The War Remnants Museum is next on the agenda. The museum was originally opened on September 1975 and displays old military equipment and other items from the Vietnam War. In the courtyard, we will find some larger exhibits including an F5A fighter and a UH1-Huey helicopter.
We’ll then enjoy a traditional local Vietnamese lunch of Pho, or noodle soup – a must when you’re in Vietnam!
After our delicious lunch, we head to Chinatown and pass through the fascinating back streets near Cho Lon. This area is one of the busiest commercial districts of Ho Chi Minh City and its atmospheric streets are home to some of the city’s most interesting sites.
From there, we'll pay a visit to Thien Hau Temple, which was built in the early 19th century and dedicated to the goddess of seafarers. And you'll also get to see downtown Saigon and get a real feel for local life in the past and present.
At the end of your HCMC tour, your guide will assist you in getting back to your hotel or will provide you with tips and suggestions if you'd like to continue exploring the area.
- Local "Pho" lunch
- Return transportation as indicated.
- Local English-speaking guide
- one local tea
- entrance fees at War Remnants Museum and Reunification Palace
- Items of a personal nature
- tips / gratuities for drivers or guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Lonely Planet Experiences: Ho Chi Minh Discovery tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date -full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 September 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Lonely Planet Experiences: Ho Chi Minh Discovery tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lonely Planet Experiences: Ho Chi Minh Discovery tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Front entrance of the Saigon Opera House, Dong Khoi St, District 1 (intersection of Le Loi St).Meeting end point :
You will be dropped off at the central hotel in District 1, Saigon or your guide will assist you in getting a taxi back to your hotel.Lonely Planet extras
- Free access to the Lonely Planet mobile app for one year
- 25% discount on all items in the Lonely Planet Shop
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.