- Bicycle tour
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience the bustling streets and markets in Ho Chi Minh City
- Eyeopening wartime history at the Cu Chi tunnels
- Floating markets, villages and waterways of the Mekong River Delta
- Admire the iconic temples of Angkor by bike
Cycle backroads through rural villages as we journey from bustling Ho Chi Minh City to the exquisite temples of Angkor Wat in Cambodia. Cycling is one of the very best ways to experience the diverse scenery and rural cultures of Southeast Asia, and continuing our tradition of pioneering cycle trips, this unique itinerary takes us from the bustling streets of Ho Chi Minh City through traditional rural villages to the iconic temple complex of Angkor Wat. Our comfortable modern bikes, support crew and steady pace mean that you’ll be free to enjoy the stunning scenery along the way, with our backup vehicle available to give tired riders a break at any time. Our journey begins in fast-paced Ho Chi Minh City, which we leave behind for quieter back roads to the Cu Chi Tunnels and on into the Mekong Delta region, the ‘rice bowl of Vietnam’. A vast wetland expanse of floating markets, Khmer pagodas and villages surrounded by rice paddies and flooded forests. Crossing through to Cambodia by boat, we’ll have time to absorb the palaces, pagodas and French inspired architecture of Phnom Penh before heading north toward Siem Reap, the gateway to Angkor. Discover the enchanting ancient temple complex of Angkor Wat by bike and experience stilted village life on the Tonle Sap, or Great Lake.
Day 1 : Arrive in Ho Chi Minh City
Day 2 : Cu Chi Tunnels & City Tour
Day 3 : Cycle to Vinh Long
Day 4 : Cycle to Can Tho
Day 5 : Cycle to Long Xuyen
Day 6 : Cycle to Chau Doc
Day 7 : Boat to Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Day 8 : In Phnom Penh
Day 9 : To Siem Reap
Day 10 : The Temples of Angkor
Day 11 : Stilted Villages & Remote Temples
Day 12 : In Siem Reap, trip concludes
- Comfortable well located hotels
- 11 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 3 dinners
- Airport transfers on day 1 & day 12
- Private and support vehicles
- Expert bilingual guide
- Modern mountain bikes
- Medical kit
- Sightseeing as listed in itinerary
- National park & site entry fees
- Bike helmet (compulsory)
- Meals not listed in itinerary
- Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks
- Personal expenses such as telephone and laundry bills
- Optional excursions
- Additional transport required due to any emergency situation
- Tips & gratuities
- International airfares & departure taxes
- Visa costs
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 73+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ho Chi Minh to Angkor Wat Cycle tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 September 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Ho Chi Minh to Angkor Wat Cycle tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ho Chi Minh to Angkor Wat Cycle tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.