- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the Cai Be Floating Market
- Boat trip to Tan Phong Island Cooking class
- Enjoying the real daily life of the locals living in the delta
Upon arrival in Cai Be, we'll hop on a motorboat and visit the Cai Be Floating Market, established in the 19th century on the Tien River. Here we'll observe locals trading fruit and other wholesale goods, hung from poles aboard boats and rafts, in the bustling floating market. Then, disembark the boat for a short walk to a coconut candy factory and tour the facility to learn how the sweets are produced.
You’ll have the opportunity to purchase some candy before meandering with your guide around the small villages of the Mekong Delta. Visit a fruit orchard and plantation, and listen to traditional southern Vietnamese music called Don Ca Tai Tu, which combines elements from court and folk music.
Afterward, we'll cruise along the Mekong Delta to the Tan Phong Island. Here, we'll start a half-day cooking class with your guide. You’ll learn to prepare Vietnamese dishes from several regions as you discover the many cultural influences at play in Vietnamese cuisine. You will try to make savoury specialties like fried elephant-ear fish, grilled steak cooked in a bamboo cylinder, grilled fish in banana leaves and fish braised in a clay pot.
You will then enjoy your delicious creations before hopping on a bicycle ride along the village path, where we will pass fruit orchards, a bonsai garden and explore the neighbourhood with your guide including mingling with the local villagers.
Finally this day trip has come to and end with a boat ride back to Cai Be and return transport to your Ho Chi Minh City hotel, or accommodation.
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bicycle rental
- Boat in the Mekong Delta
- Cooking class and lunch at local restaurant
- Personal expenses, drinks
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationChildren from 12yearold are considered adults for admission.