- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 15+ years old
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Enjoy the guidance of a local expert as you templehop at the dazzling Angkor complex, one of South East Asia's most stunning sights.
- Confront the sobering but important Khmer history, with a visit to the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek in Phnom Penh.
- A homestay in Chambok puts you right in the heart of everyday life in Cambodia. Enjoy a village walk and waterfall visit and join in for a local dinner and cultural performance at night.
- Starting in Ho Chi Minh City and finishing in Bangkok, you'll get a glimpse of Cambodia's neighbouring countries. These actionpacked cities are brimming with things to do and are perfect places to extend your trip.
Immerse yourself in ancient sites and breathtaking beauty on this 12-day Cambodia adventure with Lonely Planet, powered by Intrepid. Topped by the hustle of Ho Chi Minh City's tourist spots and tailed with the bustle of Bangkok in Thailand, with a tour through Cambodia in between, this is your chance to soak up the bright lights and chaotic atmosphere of South East Asia. Learn a thing or two in fascinating Phnom Penh, pay a visit to the ancient Angkor ruins and discover the laidback nature of the Khmer communities on a local homestay experience. Add in a group of likeminded travellers and an enthusiastic local leader, and your Cambodia Discovery is ready to roll.
Ho Chi Minh City
- Guesthouse (2 nights), Homestay (1 night), Hotel (8 nights)
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner
- Public bus , Private minibus
- An expert tour leader
- Phnom Penh - Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21)
- Phnom Penh - The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek
- Chambok - Traditional dancing
- Chambok - Homestay and activities
- Chambok - Khmer Dinner
- Kampong Chhnang - Pottery Demonstration
- Siem Reap - Angkor Temples Guided Tour
- Siem Reap - One day Angkor Pass
- Any international flights to Ho Chi Minh City and from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cambodia Discovery tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 37+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cambodia Discovery tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 10 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 10 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cambodia Discovery tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cambodia Discovery tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is a Lonely Planet Experience powered by Intrepid, made for travellers who value their independence but also want the benefit of a local leader and a group of like-minded travellers. The itinerary has a mix of included activities and free time when your leader will offer suggestions. Please budget spending money for optional activities you want to take part in.
- You'll be spending a night with a local family on this trip. While the accommodation is shared and basic, this is a great opportunity to connect with the local people (and enjoy delicious home-cooked meals!). Read more about the experience here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/cambodia-homestay-experience
- This trip involves a lot of public transport and some long days of driving, so some patience will go a long way towards your enjoyment here. Sit back, relax, watch the scenery go by, and embrace travelling like a local.
- Accommodation is basic – a combination of simple hotels, guesthouses and a homestay.
- The stories and history shared at the Killing Fields of Cheoung Ek and the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) are confronting and many travellers will find them upsetting. This is an important part of Cambodia’s recent history that we feel is important for travellers to know. If you would prefer not to join these activities your leader can recommend some optional alternatives.
- You will visit a number of temples on this trip, and this requires a level of modesty. Be sure to bring clothes that cover the arms and pants or skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description