- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 20 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience local life during homestays in the Mekong Delta and Da Bac. Get to know local families, participate in their activities and enjoy a homestyle meal.
- Travel to both popular and lesserknown destinations in Vietnam, including tourist hotspots like Halong Bay and hidden gems such as Da Bac
- See Vietnam through an exciting mix of transport, including motorbike, sampan, junkstyle boat, bus and train
- Visit the mindboggling Phong Nha and Thien Duong Caves. These labyrinthine systems were used to shelter civilians during the Vietnam/American War
Experience quintessential Vietnam on this comprehensive trip from south to north. Travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi and experience dynamic cities, tranquil backwaters, imperial ruins, faded colonial elegance and picture-perfect landscapes dotted with reminders of the past. Explore the narrow cobbled streets of Hoi An’s Old Town, explore fossilised coral shelves in Hang Rai and whizz through the back streets of Hue as you uncover the very best of Vietnam.
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
Mekong Delta Homestay
Ho Chi Minh City
Phan Rang / Overnight train
Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park
Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park / Overnight train
- Homestay (2 nights), Hotel (15 nights), Overnight boat (1 night), Overnight sleeper train (1 night)
- 17 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Boat , Overnight sleeper train , Private minibus , Taxi , Train
- An expert tour leader
- Ho Chi Minh City - Cu Chi Tunnels
- Ho Chi Minh City - War Remnants Museum
- Ho Chi Minh City - City tour
- Mekong Delta - Sightseeing Tour
- Mekong Delta - Guesthouse Dinner
- Dalat - Garden visit
- Phan Rang - Bau Truc pottery village
- Phan Rang - Po Klong Garai Cham towers
- Phan Rang - Vinh Hy Bay snorkelling
- Phan Rang - Hang Rai fossilised coral reefs
- Phan Rang - Bau Nai fish market & salt fields
- Hoi An - Old Town walking tour
- Hue - Imperial City Full Day Tour
- Hue - Royal tomb of Emperor Tu Duc
- Hue - Highlights & back streets by motorbike (lunch included)
- Hue - Perfume River cruise & Thien Mu Pagoda
- Quang Tri - Vinh Moc Tunnels
- Quang Tri - Hien Luong Bridge
- Phong Nha Ke-Bang NP - Thien Duong (Paradise Cave)
- Phong Nha Ke-Bang National Park - Phong Nha Cave
- Hanoi - Ho Chi Minh Complex: Ho Chi Minh, Stilt House and Museum
- Hanoi - One Pillar Pagoda
- Hanoi - Old Quarter Walking Tour
- Da Bac - Sung cave and village tour
- Da Bac - Sung village to Da Bia hike
- Da Bac - Homestay Dinner
- Da Bac - Homestay Lunch
- Da Bac - Da Bia Lunch
- Halong Bay - Dinner on Boat
- Halong Bay - Lunch on Boat
- Hanoi - Water puppet show
- Any international flights to Ho Chi Minh City and from Hanoi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Vietnam tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 86+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Vietnam tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 November 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Vietnam tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Vietnam tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- During this trip, there will be several long days of travelling and you'll be sitting on a bus for many hours at a time. However, road trips often have the best views, and most private buses feature wi-fi
- We cover a lot of distance on this trip, including on overnight trains. Accommodation and amenities are shared and basic, but the experience of rubbing shoulders with the locals makes it all worthwhile. For more about what this experience is like, see our blog post here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/what-to-expect-on-an-overnight.
- This trip involves a lot of walking - on city walking tours, the hike in Da Bac and during included activities. While being on your feet can be a bit tiring, this is the best way to truly get under the skin of a place
- You'll be spending two nights with local families on this trip. While the accommodation is shared and basic, this is a great opportunity to connect with the local people (and enjoy delicious home-cooked meals!). Read more about the experiences here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/community-based-tourism-vietnam/
- Vietnam has an incredibly diverse climate influenced by both tropical monsoons and its range of altitudes and latitudes. Temperatures can vary from a brisk 4°C (39°F) in the northern mountains during winter to a sweltering and humid 36°C (97°F) in Ho Chi Minh City during the middle of the dry season. Please check the weather for the time of year you're travelling in order to pack appropriate clothing - this page may be useful: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/vietnam/weather-in-vietnam
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.