- The tour covers 'must see' Helsinki sights within 3.5 hours
- It is possible to spend some time on your own in the city after the tour!
The tour meeting point is situated outside the main port gate, where your guide will be waiting for you. After that board the bus and get ready to see the capital of Finland.
The most prominent city sights, such as the Presidential Palace, City Hall, the Uspenski Cathedral (the Eastern Orthodox Church), the Market Square, Finlandia Hall, the Opera House and the Parliament buildings, are located on your way to the city center.
You will see the Senate Square located in the oldest part of the center, where you will enjoy the view of the Helsinki Cathedral, the Government Palace, Sederholm House and the University of Helsinki. The Sibelius Monument dedicated to the famous Finnish composer and the Temppeliaukio Church will also be a part of the highlights of the tour.
You will finish your tour at the Market Square, where it is possible to buy local handicrafts, taste Finnish reindeer meat or “munkkipossu” doughnuts. If you want to spend more time in Helsinki, you may stay in the city and make your way back to the port either by tram or taxi. Please note that transfer is not refunded if you choose to come back to the ship on your own.
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Port pickup and drop-off for round-trip shared transfer
- 3 hour panoramic city tour by bus
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks
- No pickup is offered for hotel guests. If you are staying at a hotel you must make your own way to the tour meeting point at the cruise port. Detailed instructions will be sent to you after booking.
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• Maximum number of passengers is 32
• At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
• Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
• A small amount of walking is involved so please wear comfortable shoes
• Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
• Not wheelchair accessible
• A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
• Minimum numbers apply. If you are arriving by a small cruise ship, there is a very little possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the unlikely event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
• Ferry passengers are advised to book at their own risk. This tour is not recommended for ferry passengers because debarkation times with ferries is very unpredictable. It might take 15 minutes or as long as 1,5 hrs. Waiting time is limited to 15 minutes. No refund for late arrivals
Tour start time:
30 minutes after ship docks (or if other time is specified by your tour operator).
The meeting point is located OUTSIDE the cruise harbor gate and your guide is not allowed to walk inside the port.
Directions to Departure Location
Your meeting points are located right outside of the cruise port gates. Private tour operators are not allowed to enter cruise port area in that destination, therefore you need to WALK OUT from the port area. Our guide is waiting you outside the gate.
Note that the distance between the ship and the gates varies in different ports in Helsinki:
at Hernesaari port about 656 feet = 200 metres
at West Harbour about 820 feet = 250 metres
at Katajanokka about 328 feet = 100 metres
Make sure to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled start time. Please be punctual. Out of consideration for the others, the guide and driver will wait only 10-15 minutes after the scheduled departure time to begin the tour. The last thing we want is for anyone to miss their tour.
Please look for sign ULKOTOURS and simply check in with the manager.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.