- Polar expeditions and cruise
- duration 14 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 20
- Stand at the top of the world at 90°N
- Experience the largest, most powerful nuclear icebreaker in the world, 50 Years of Victory
- Enjoy helicopter sightseeing above the Arctic Ocean
- Possibly view polar bears, walrus and other arctic wildlife
In 1991, Quark Expeditions fulfilled the bucket-list dreams of several dozen travelers by taking them to the hard-to-reach North Pole—a journey that previously existed only in the wildest imaginations of the most adventurous travelers. Navigating through the thick sea ice aboard a nuclear-powered icebreaker—helmed by the most innovative expedition team in the industry—Quark Expeditions became the first-ever operator to bring travelers to the venerable North Pole. That inaugural voyage fueled the desires of subsequent adventurers who also longed to stand at 90° North—the very top of the world where every direction you look is south—and bask in the glory of a polar adventure experienced by so few. Three decades have passed and Quark Expeditions, the recognized Leader in Polar Adventures, still leads the way in polar travel—and the North Pole remains one of the most sought-after Arctic destinations. Imagine the thrill of a powerful icebreaker crushing through multi-year pack ice as it pushes toward 90° North. Or envision yourself aboard a helicopter as it soars over the icy Arctic Ocean—or standing on a remote spot on the planet where so few have ever set foot. Join us on this exhilarating journey and discover for yourself why the North Pole has, for centuries, stirred the minds and hearts of explorers and adventurers the world-over.
Day 1 : Helsinki, Finland
Day 2 : Embarkation Day in Murmansk, Russia
Days 3 to 6 : Northbound in the Arctic Ocean
Day 7 : 90° North
Day 8 : Southbound in the Arctic Ocean
Days 9 and 10 : Franz Josef Land and the Arctic Ocean
Days 11 and 12 : Southbound at Sea
Day 13 : Disembarkation in Murmansk
Day 14 : Helsinki, Finland
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All shore landings per the daily program
- 1 Breakfast
- Beer and house wine during dinner
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
- Photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- Official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Arctic/Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
- International airfare
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this North Pole: The Ultimate Arctic Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 125 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 124 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 January 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 January 2022, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 124 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
North Pole: The Ultimate Arctic Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this North Pole: The Ultimate Arctic Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Clean and healthy vessels that meet international certifications for infection prevention is ensured.
- For the duration of the expedition, you will be only interacting with your fellow pre-screened passengers and Quark Expeditions staff.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day.