- duration 14 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 8+ years old
- Stand at the top of the world at 90°N
- Experience the largest, most powerful nuclear icebreaker in the world, 50 Years of Victory
- Enjoy helicopter sightseeing above the Arctic Ocean
- Possibly view polar bears, walrus and other arctic wildlife
A magical destination for travelers everywhere, the North Pole is special not only because of the unique geographical spot it occupies but also because it remains a domain that, for most, exists only in the imagination—fewer people have stood at the North Pole than have attempted to climb Mount Everest. Difficult to reach and singular in its impact, the North Pole transforms the perspectives of everyone fortunate enough to reach it. In 2021, Quark Expeditions marks 30 years of taking passengers to this northernmost point on the globe, and on this amazing voyage, we enable you to join the privileged few who have set foot on the North Pole.
Experience the thrill of the most powerful nuclear icebreaker on the planet crushing through thick, multi-year pack ice as it pushes toward 90° North. Enjoy a riveting helicopter tour over the icy Arctic Ocean; discover the remarkable sights of Franz Josef Land; observe the majestic creatures who make their home in this breathtaking yet fragile land; and experience a dreamlike hot air balloon ride over the surreal Arctic landscape, an activity offered by no other polar operator. Join us on this exhilarating journey, venture to a part of the globe few have ever seen, and come to understand why the North Pole has, for centuries, stirred the minds and hearts of explorers and adventurers alike.
Day 1 : Helsinki, Finland
Day 2 : Embarkation Day in Murmansk, Russia
Days 3 to 6 : Northbound in the Arctic Ocean
Day 7 : 90° North
Day 8 : Southbound in the Arctic Ocean
Days 9 and 10 : Franz Josef Land and the Arctic Ocean
Days 11 and 12 : Southbound at Sea
Day 13 : Disembarkation in Murmansk
Day 14 : Helsinki, Finland
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All shore landings per the daily program
- 1 Breakfast
- Beer and house wine during dinner
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
- Photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- Official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Arctic/Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
- International airfare
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this North Pole: The Ultimate Arctic Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 125 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 124 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 7399 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 124 days before departure. For any departures within 28 February 2021 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
North Pole: The Ultimate Arctic Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this North Pole: The Ultimate Arctic Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.