- Polar expeditions and cruise
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 128
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Circumnavigate the globe and reach 90° North 'the top of the world'Discover the remote archipelago of Franz Josef Land with its 191 islands
- Travel aboard the world's largest and most powerful icebreaker
- View the icy wilderness from the ship's helicopter
- Accompanied by extremely qualified Expedition Staff
This journey combines the raw power of the ship with the use of helicopter flights for aerial viewing. Crushing through pack ice that is metres thick, the 'Victory' can sail in conditions that would defeat any other ship. Reaching the ‘top of the world’, the experience of standing where all directions are south, is incomparable. There will be time to perform the shortest possible circumnavigation of the globe before heading south to explore the remote Franz Josef Land. With its massive flat-topped islands and steep basalt cliffs, this archipelago is a birdwatcher's paradise. This is quite simply a voyage without comparison.
Our first sighting of a polar bear was amazing.
Watching the icebreaker ship going through the dense pack ice was awesome.
Standing and spending several hours on the North Pole was a wonderful experience made more special as we reached the North Pole on the day of the summer solstice. We stayed overnight at the Pole on the icebreaker and spent several hours the following day on the north pole.
Once in a life time experience!”
Day 1: Start Helsinki, overnight in hotel.
Day 2: Charter flight to Murmansk, Russia; board ship and embark.
Day 3-6: Travel north in the Arctic Ocean, with the ship breaking through the
formidable pack ice.
Day 7: 90° North, with time to celebrate reaching the top of the world.
Day 8: Travel south in the Arctic Ocean.
Day 9-10: Visit Franz Josef Land; helicopters and zodiacs are used to transfer ashore
Day 11-12: Southbound at Sea.
Day 13: Disembark in Murmansk; charter flight to Helsinki, night in hotel.
Day 14: End Helsinki.
- Gratuities for hotel and expedition staff (2019 departures)All accommodation
- Beer and wine with dinner
- All transport and listed activities
- We can include flights from the UK. Please contact us for a quote.
- All meals while on the ship
- Full complement of qualified Expedition Staff
- Any international flights to/from Helsinki are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Journey to the North Pole tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Journey to the North Pole tour. You can cancel the tour up to 133 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 132 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 February 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 February 2022, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 132 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Journey to the North Pole tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Journey to the North Pole tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.