- duration 16 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 20
- Explore this rarely visited region of the Russian Arctic
- Encounter iconic arctic wildlife, such as polar bears, walrus and seabirds
- Explore glaciated Novaya Zemlya, where the earliest Arctic explorers overwintered
- Visit significant sites at Franz Josef Land and learn about the region’s storied history
One of Earth’s least-explored frontiers and the newest destination to our portfolio, the sparsely populated Russian High Arctic is a place of isolated, rugged beauty that will leave you amazed. Few travelers have ever ventured into this near-uninhabited landscape. On Jewels of the Russian Arctic: Franz Josef Land and Novaya Zemlya, we follow the footsteps of early northern explorers to two of the most remote archipelagos on the planet, enabling guests to experience an in-depth exploration of seldom-visited regions in the stark and spectacular Russian Arctic.
From the ancient mountains of Novaya Zemlya to the wildlife sanctuary of Franz Josef Land, these secluded lands offer an exhilarating mix of unique sights and adventures. Marvel at ice-capped peaks soaring majestically out of the Arctic sea. Watch in hushed wonder at the unforgettable sight of a polar bear roaming its natural environment. Immerse yourself in a corner of our planet few humans ever to, with the operator that knows polar adventure better than anyone.
Day 1 : Arrive in Helsinki, Finland
Day 2 : Fly to Murmansk, Russia and Embark
Days 3 and 4 : At Sea
Days 5 to 7 : Exploring Novaya Zemlya
Day 8 : At Sea
Days 9 to 12 : Exploring Franz Josef Land
Days 13 and 14 : At Sea
Day 15 : Disembark in Murmansk and Fly to Helsinki, Finland
Day 16 : Depart Helsinki
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All shore landings per the daily program
- 2 Breakfasts
- Beer and house wine during dinner
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
- Photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- Official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Arctic/Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
- International airfare
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Jewels of the Russian Arctic: Franz Josef Land and Novaya Zemlya tour. You can cancel the tour up to 125 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 124 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 October 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 124 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Jewels of the Russian Arctic: Franz Josef Land and Novaya Zemlya tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jewels of the Russian Arctic: Franz Josef Land and Novaya Zemlya tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.