- duration 22 days
- tour type Cruise
- tour_type Cruise tour
- age requirement 8+ years old
- age_requirement 8+ years old
- Experience a true expedition as we explore rarely visited Severnaya Zemlya
- Encounter iconic Arctic wildlife, such as polar bears, walrus and seabirds
- Explore glaciated Novaya Zemlya, where the earliest Arctic explorers overwintered
- Visit significant sites at Franz Josef Land and learn about the region’s storied history
One of Earth’s last regions to be discovered, and the newest destination in Quark Expeditions’ portfolio, the High Russian Arctic is a place of mystery, beauty and wonder. On this stirring voyage along Russia’s ice-draped coastlines, we invite you to become one of the first passengers to visit this little-known region and encounter sights rarely seen by even the most intrepid adventurers. From the breathtaking glaciers of Novaya Zemlya and Franz Josef Land to the stark, secluded islands of the icy Kara Sea, the remarkable features of this isolated wilderness will leave you awed and inspired. An incredible 22-day journey that will take you to far-flung landscapes unlike anything you’ve ever witnessed, High Arctic Odyssey is exclusively designed to allow you to maximize your time exploring these pristine environments, appreciate the rich and dramatic polar history of these faraway destinations, and, especially, increase your chances of observing the region’s diverse and magnificent wildlife, such as whales, seals, muskox, walruses and polar bears. If conditions allow, this itinerary will also include Severnaya Zemlya, the last major territorial discovery on Earth. Come aboard and venture to one of the most remote corners of the globe with the most experienced expedition team in the industry.
Day 1 : Helsinki, Finland
Day 2 : Embarkation in Murmansk, Russia
Days 3 and 4 : At Sea
Days 5 to 7 : Exploring Novaya Zemlya
Days 8 to 13 : Exploring the Kara Sea and Severnaya Zemlya
Day 14 : At Sea
Days 15 to 18 : Exploring Franz Josef Land
Days 19 and 20 : At Sea
Day 21 : Disembarkation in Murmansk and Fly to Helsinki
Day 22 : Helsinki
- 2 Breakfasts
- Beer and house wine during dinner
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
- Photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- Official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Arctic/Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
- International airfare
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this High Arctic Odyssey: Remote Russian Archipelagos tour. You can cancel the tour up to 125 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 124 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 May 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 124 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
High Arctic Odyssey: Remote Russian Archipelagos tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this High Arctic Odyssey: Remote Russian Archipelagos tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.