- Local culture
- Northern lights tour
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Be pulled across the landscape at high speed on the back of a dog sled. These incredible huskies are doing what they love most – making a lot of noise before rushing along sprawling trails
- Visit a local Finnish family, who will guide you through their world and lifestyle. You will be shown their skills in reindeer herding with the option to get close and personal with some of the animals on the farm
- The aurora borealis is the best lightshow on Earth, and this trip is your ticket. Stay up late to see the northern sky dance with green light (subject to weather conditions)
- Explore Helsinki, then travel on the famous 'Santa Claus Express' overnight train all the way from the cosmopolitan Finnish capital through the frozen Northern wilderness to Rovaniemi
Lapland, home of the Indigenous Sami people, is a magical place of pristine Arctic landscapes and snow-dusted woodlands. In this winter wonderland, the cold air is cut only by the sound of rushing rivers and panting huskies as they prepare to rush across this impossibly vast, white wilderness. Strap on your hiking boots and crunch a path through Finland’s spectacular taigas, get cosy with the locals over a glass of salmari and experience the rush of a real dog-sled. From the docks of Helsinki to remote Yllastunturi and Santa’s workshop in Rovaniemi – witness a beautiful part of the world where Christmas feels always close. Learn how people in the North cope with extreme temperatures. You may even find your inner Finn enjoying the solitude while in pure pristine nature.
Helsinki / Overnight Train
Rovaniemi / Yllastunturi
- Hotel (2 nights), Guesthouse (4 nights), Overnight sleeper train (1 night)
- 6 Breakfasts
- Overnight train , Public bus , Private vehicle , Tram
- An expert tour leader
- Helsinki to Rovaniemi - Santa Claus Express Overnight Train
- Yllästunturi - Dog Sledding
- Yllästunturi - Reindeer Farm Visit
- Yllästunturi - Northern Light Viewing Opportunity (subject to weather conditions)
- Any international flights to Helsinki and from Rovaniemi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Finnish Lapland in Winter tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 118+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Finnish Lapland in Winter tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Finnish Lapland in Winter tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Finnish Lapland in Winter tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Lapland can be extremely cold at this time of year. Please bring appropriate clothing for adverse weather conditions. Please see the Packing section in the Essential Trip Information document for more details. There may be the rare occasion where your leader has to alter the itinerary and activities due to the weather. In this case an alternative will be offered. Please also note that even though it will be cold, not always will there be snow cover, especially on the departures earlier in the winter season. In these cases snow dependent activities will be replaced with suitable alternatives.
- The Northern Lights (also known as the Aurora Borealis) are a natural display of coloured lights in the night sky of the northern hemisphere. While Northern Light displays can never be guaranteed, as they are a natural phenomenon, you have a higher chance of seeing them in locations at high latitudes, such as Northern Finland. Keep your fingers crossed for clear skies during your visit.
- As accommodation on this trip is twin share, single travellers will share a room with another traveller of the same sex. This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people, so embrace it while you can. However, if you’d prefer not to share, a single room supplement is available at an additional charge. Please ask your travel consultant for more details. Also, hotels in Europe often don't have double beds, but rather two single beds that can be pushed together/apart. Please also be aware that many guesthouses offer shared bathrooms rather than en-suite facilities. Rooms in Finland can be small, and at times you may be accommodated a short walk away from the main building.
- Finland can be an expensive destination in terms of eating out. Your leader will be able to advise on how to save money. In Yllastunturi the only option for dinner will be at the guesthouse we are staying at, or alternatively there are cafes and restaurants in the nearby town (approximately 35 minutes on foot, or a short taxi ride away).
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Climate and seasonal
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions