- Explore Callejon de Hammel, a place integral to Afro-Cuban gatherings
- Dive into the beautiful sub-cultures of Havana
- Learn more about Afro-Cuban religion
- Visit local homes to meet and interact with devotees
There’s a lot more to Havana than meets the eye, and we want to show you one of the coolest cultures in the city. On this unique Havana tour, you’ll understand the various syncretic Afro-Cuban religions practiced widely in Cuba, as explained by an English-speaking expert in the field. Our local guide will walk you through parts of central Havana and into the homes of some devotees of the various religions, some of which are similar to voodoo.
That's about all we can tell you (who doesn't love a bit of mystery, eh?!), except we can also tell you this: your Havana culture tour starts and finishes in the spectacular Callejon de Hammel - a small and colourfully decorated alley in central Havana, created by local resident Salvador Gonzáles Escalona. Sit and enjoy a cool drink while you soak up the atmosphere of this famous alleyway, decorated with scrap objects like bathtubs, hand pumps, and pinwheels, and has now become a cultural focal point with workshops for young Cuban children to learn painting.
- Local english speaking guide
- One drink.
- Transportation to and from meeting point
- Food and drink other than specified above
- Tips / gratuities for the guide.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.