- Bicycle tour
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cycle the length of idyllic Cuba through the country's key historic colonial and revolutionary areas100% vehicle support throughout the trip with two vehicles for groups of 10 or moreHigh quality, wellmaintained bikes and mechanical support throughoutCycling leaders trained to UK leadership standards (CTC Bike Tour Leader Award)Vibrant culture with its rum, mojito's and salsa beats!Cuban Tourist Cards included for all UK residentsDirect flights with Virgin Atlantic usually available
Cuba’s music, beaches, old cars, striking architecture and revolutionary history combine to make the perfect cultural destination with a lively atmosphere. Our cycle route passes through stunning countryside with a patchwork of plantations, fields and jungle, allowing us to appreciate the traditional way of life that continues today. Out of the saddle we can experience Trinidad’s vibrant music scene, the crumbling colonial buildings of Havana and learn about the revolutionary history of Santiago. After a day of cycling you'll no doubt welcome Cuba's speciality - a refreshing mojito!
It was exhilarating to 1-cycle through small towns and villages and see things and people that other types of tours do not offer. Pressure about cycling was relaxed, so if you were having a bad day or were daunted by the hills, then you could take time off and ride in the bus.
The team on our ride were spectacular! They were efficient, attentive, kind, cheerful and interesting. Our guide Alex, was funny, intelligent, on the ball, accomodating....and informative about many aspects of Cuba and with a good knowledge of Cuban history and society. He made our trip an absolute delight.
On the whole hotels and Casas were good, food was way better than I was led to believe, and the cities and towns chosen for the itinerary were varied and interesting. Well worth the money!”
Day 1: Start Havana.
Day 2: Cycle through Havana; transfer to Remedios via Santa Clara.
Day 3: Cycle to Mayajigua; transfer to Camaguey.
Day 4: Transfer to Puerto Padre; partial coastal ride to Gibara.
Day 5: Transfer to Holguin; cycle to Biran; transfer to Santiago.
Day 6: Morning city tour; cooking class; visit El Cobre and drive to El Salton.
Day 7: Ride through the Sierra Maestra to Bayamo
Day 8: Cycle to Manzanillo; transfer to Camaguey.
Day 9: Transfer to Banao; cycle to Trinidad.
Day 10: Cycle to Playa Ancon; afternoon pottery making class.
Day 11: Cycle the coastal road to Cienfuegos.
Day 12: Ride to Playa Larga.
Day 13: Cycle to organic farm for lunch: transfer to Matanzas.
Day 14: Cycle to Playa Jibacoa; transfer to Havana.
Day 15: Sightseeing in Havana; visit bike workshop; end Havana.
- 10 nights hotels, 4 nights in ,All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 13 lunches, 10 dinners
- 12 days cycling with full vehicle support
- All transport and listed activities
- Arrival & departure transfers
- Tour leader throughout
- 90% tarmac, 10% unpaved Good level of fitness is required
- Local bike hire
- Tourist card visa for UK residents
- Any international flights to/from Havana are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycling Cuba tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 146+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycling Cuba tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycling Cuba tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycling Cuba tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.