- Bicycle tour
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cycling through Caribbean Cuba gives you unique access to parts of the island that are off the beaten track.
- Cycle through the lush valleys of Soroa and Yum i, one known as Cuba's Rainbow and rich in plant and wildlife, the other an untouched paradise far off the usual tourist track.
- Cuba is recognised as the world’s finest cigar manufacturer. Learn how to roll a cigar with a local tobacco farmer near the small town of Vinales.
- After a visit to the temporary HQ of Cueva de los Portales, a guided walking tour of Old Havana, and a visit to his final resting place in Santa Clara, you’ll understand Che Guevara's important role in the Cuban Revolution.
Experience Cuba from two wheels as you cycle around this laidback Caribbean island. Travel the colourful streets of Havana, the dusty roads past the farms and tobacco plantations of Vinales, cycle alongside vintage cars on your way to the verdant Bay of Pigs, discover UNESCO Word Heritage Sites of Cienfuegos and Trinidad and experience Cuba beyond the rum and cigar scene. Pay homage at Che Guevara’s final resting place in Santa Clara, cycle the pristine and untourised Yumuri Valley, and enjoy the perfect beaches of vibrant Varadero, Cayo Jutias’ clear blue waters and cool off in bubbling river pools near Las Terrazas. Soak up the best of Cuba as you traverse this fascinating country.
Vinales / Cayo Jutias
Bay of Pigs & Cienfuegos
- Guesthouse (13 nts)
- 13 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Bicycle , Support Vehicle (Bus)
- An expert tour leader
- Cycling Outer Havana
- Havana - Leader-led walking tour of Old Havana
- Las Terrazas - Eco-village Visit
- Soroa - Orchid Garden (entrance fee and guide included)
- Las Terrazas - Casa de Polo entry
- Vinales - Tobacco farm visit
- Vinales - Beach excursion to Cayo Jutias
- Havana - Complimentary Arrival Transfer
- Cienfuegos - Leader-led orientation walk
- Trinidad - Leader-led orientation walk
- Santa Clara - Che Guevara Mausoleum and Museum (entrance fee)
- Havana - Leader led City Tour of Old Havana
- Matanzas Bicycle Tour
- Any international flights to/from Havana are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Cuba tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 93+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Cuba tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Cuba tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Cuba tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
- On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a back marker where needed)
- This is a cycling trip, so it requires a certain amount of cycling fitness. This being said, there’s always a comfortable, air-conditioned support vehicle following close by.
- Cash can sometimes be difficult to access in Cuba. Credit cards (not debit cards) are essential – ideally multiple credit cards from several different banks.
- The Caribbean climate can be very hot and humid. It's important to wear the appropriate clothing, drink plenty of water and apply sun protection regularly. Lycra cycling shorts are ideal for warmer temperatures.
- Internet access can be hard to come by, and when it's available it's sometimes unreliable. This is, on the other hand, a great opportunity to take a break from modern devices and have a true holiday.
- Cuba's roads aren't always paved, but when they are they can range from smooth to downright terrible. That being said, it’s a fun experience to share the road with tractors, vintage American cars and horse-drawn carriages.
- While Cuban food can sometimes seem limited due to a ban on imported goods, your guide will steer you towards the best eateries in each destination you visit.
- Cuba is different and that’s what makes it such a fascinating destination. You will find that things don’t always go according to plan or work the way they do back home. Regulations concerning foreigners and currency may appear strange to you, transport sometimes runs late and sometimes the water in your bathroom can run cold and the electricity fail. In order to get the most out of your holiday, a degree of patience, good humour and understanding is a definite advantage. Cuba may not be wealthy in a monetary sense, however if you approach your holiday with an open and enquiring mind, the warm welcome you receive from Cubans will ensure you a rich and rewarding holiday experience.
- Import restrictions make the purchase of new bicycles a difficult challenge - our bikes come from a variety of different manufacturers but are all mechanically sound.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Last modified (date)
Finish point instructions