- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Be intrigued by the colourful streets and eclectic history of Cuba's capital as your knowledgeable local leader takes you on a casual walking tour of Old Havana.
- Venture to Cuba’s charming countryside as you hit rural Vinales. With plenty of time to explore at your own pace, you can check out tobacco plantations, explore hidden caves and tackle the dirt roads by bicycle.
- Wander the cobblestone streets alongside cowboys and farmers in Trinidad, passing by some of the bestpreserved colonial buildings in Cuba. Plus, you’ll take part in a rum tasting – muy bueno!
- Master the lingo with a leaderled informal Spanish lesson. Learning your ‘hola’ from ‘hasta luego’, you’ll be testing your newfound skills with the locals over a cerveza (beer) in no time.
City, countryside and dazzling Caribbean coast – take an eight-day Lonely Planet Experience straight to the heart of Cuba. Set off from the charming capital of Havana, where old-time American cars, wafts of cigar smoke and laidback vibes permeate the streets. Experience the small-village vibes of Vinales and the colonial charisma of Trinidad, and immerse yourself with the history, music and mojitos of a country caught in a bygone era. With plenty of time to swim, snorkel, cycle and hike, this adventure combines Cuba’s old-world charm with some seriously scenic vistas in a jam-packed itinerary.
Bay of Pigs / Trinidad
- Standard guesthouse (7 nights)
- 3 Breakfasts
- Private vehicle , Public bus , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Havana - Leader-led Walking Tour of Old Havana
- Vinales - Leader-led Orientation Walk
- Leader-led Informal Spanish Lesson
- Bay of Pigs - Coastal Swim Stop
- Trinidad - Leader-led Orientation Walk
- Trinidad - Rum Tasting in a Local Bar
- Santa Clara - Che Guevara Mausoleum and Museum (entrance fee included, no guide)
- Santa Clara - Leader-led Orientation Walk
- Any international flights to/from Havana are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cuba on a Shoestring tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 31+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cuba on a Shoestring tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 22 November 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cuba on a Shoestring tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cuba on a Shoestring tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- The guesthouses (casas) we use are much nicer than your average Cuban dwelling and each room is unique. Regardless of where you stay, power cuts and breaks in hot water supply are sometimes unavoidable, as in any developing country – but we believe that this is all a part of the local experience.
- Part of Cuba’s appeal is its old-fashioned style – this includes the banking systems. Funds in Cuba can be difficult to access. Ideally bring multiple credit cards from several different banks just to be sure.
- Luxuries such as air conditioning, plush pillows, and fly screens, are often scarce. Part of the experience here is learning to appreciate everyday Cuban resourcefulness.
- You might have to save your status updates and photo posts for when you get home, as Internet is hard to find, unreliable and expensive. Treat Cuba as a holiday from social media too!
- Cuba is different, and that's a big part of its allure. Things don't always go according to plan, and many things don't work the same way as back home. Patience and good humour will go a long way in this beautiful destination.
- As this trip covers a lot of land, you'll be spending quite a bit of time travelling. It’s all part of the adventure and a great way to get to know your fellow travellers. Please read the itinerary carefully for travel time estimates.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers