- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3458
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Old-world charm, rich history, exciting nightlife – evocative Havana is like nowhere else on Earth. See the difference between city and coastal life on a guided walking tour of the old capital.
- Receive a fascinating insight into the rise and fall of the charismatic and highly celebrated Cuban revolutionary – Che Guevara – at his mausoleum and museum in Santa Clara.
- With its vibrant music scene and Afro-Cuban roots, sultry Santiago de Cuba is a great place to bust out some moves and hit the dance floor with the locals.
- Experience old-world charm in the colourful coastal town of Trinidad. Delve into the city’s sultry Latin rhythms with a salsa class and enjoy plenty of free time for seaside relaxation.
- Take inspiration from the locals and mix things up with a bicycle-taxi tour of Camaguey – roll through the winding streets on two-wheels, visiting markets, plazas and an art gallery.
From Cuba's historical streets of Havana to the pristine shores of the Caribbean, stroll through World Heritage cities, relive a fascinating colonial history and experience the rich heritage of music and dance that Cuba is renowned for. Dive into the incredible marine world and history of the Bay of Pigs, prepare to be wowed as you discover Baracoa’s mountainous surrounds, visit the birthplace of salsa and admire Trinidad’s unrivalled ambience on this two-week adventure. From historic cars to fragrant cigars, and with plenty of rum and rumba in between, this adventure will take you into the heart of all things Cuban.
Day 1: Havana
Day 2: Havana
Day 3: Sancti Spiritus
Day 4: Holguin
Day 5: Baracoa
Day 6: Baracoa
Day 7: Santiago de Cuba
Day 8: Santiago de Cuba
Day 9: Camaguey
Day 10: Camaguey
Day 11: Trinidad
Day 12: Trinidad
Day 13: Cienfuegos
Day 14: Havana
Day 15: Havana
- Standard guesthouse (14 nights)
- 9 Breakfasts
- Private vehicle , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Havana - Leader-led walking tour of Old Havana
- Santa Clara - Che Guevara Mausoleum and Museum (entrance fee)
- Holguin - La Loma de Cruz (sunset lookout)
- Holguin - Leader-led orientation walk
- Baracoa - Leader-led Orientation Walk
- Santiago de Cuba - Leader-led Orientation Walk
- Guantanamo Bay Viewpoint (time & weather dependent)
- Santiago de Cuba - Half-day City Tour including El Morro Castle, Santa Ifigenia Cemetery & Moncada Barracks (guide, transport &entrance fees included)
- Santiago de Cuba - night live music
- Camaguey - Leader - led orientation walk
- Bayamo - Leader-led Orientation Walk
- Camaguey - Rum tasting in a local bar
- Camaguey - Bicycle Taxi City Tour (guide and transport included)
- Trinidad - Leader-led orientation walk
- Ciego de Ávila - Jewellery workshop (Community-based project)
- Trinidad - Salsa Dance Lesson (1 hour)
- Cienfuegos - Leader-led orientation walk
- Cienfuegos - Palacio de Valle (entrance fee)
- Bay of Pigs - Coastal swim stop
- Any international flights to/from Havana are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Cuba tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 59+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Cuba tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 November 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 November 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Cuba tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Cuba tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- The guesthouses (casas) we use are much nicer than your average Cuban dwelling and each room is unique. Regardless of where you stay, power cuts and breaks in hot water supply are sometimes unavoidable, as in any developing country – but we believe that this is all a part of the local experience.
- Part of Cuba’s appeal is its old-fashioned style – this includes the banking systems. Funds in Cuba can be difficult to access. Please read our Essential Trip Information to be fully prepared.
- Luxuries such as air conditioning, plush pillows, and fly screens, are often scarce. Part of the experience here is learning to appreciate everyday Cuban resourcefulness.
- Internet access can be hard to come by, and when it's available it's often unreliable and expensive. Treat this as a great opportunity to take a break from modern devices and have a true holiday.
- Cuba is different, and that's a big part of its allure. Things don't always go according to plan, and many things don't work the same way as back home. Patience and good humour will go a long way in this beautiful destination.
- As this trip covers a lot of land, you'll be spending quite a bit of time travelling.Cuba's road condition and infrastructure is still fragile in various parts of the country so delays may often happen. It’s all part of the adventure and a great way to get to know your fellow travellers. Please read the itinerary carefully for travel time estimates.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
Can I have more information about the guesthouses used on this tour?
Generally speaking, the guesthouses are all about 3 stars in quality, well located, and have great local service in each location. The amenities may be simple but the rooms and beds are comfortable. On the original style trips, shared bathroom facilities may be used at some locations. The tour operator doesn’t provide the names of the guesthouses pre-trip as the locations aren't finalized until closer to departure.