- Walking tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 2 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- max group size 8
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience the AfroCuban religion at a grassroots level
- Visit local homes and learn about the religion from local devotees
- Explore one of Havana’s subcultures not often seen by tourists
- Visit Callejon de Hammel, a central part of AfroCuban gatherings
Have a religious experience on this Havana tour that hooks you up with local customs, folklore, and beliefs. Learn about the Afro-Cuban religions from a local insider - there are similarities to voodoo so expect this to be one colourful, eclectic, unconventional religious tour!
Annnnd we got to meet Salvador! How awesome!!!!”
There’s a lot more to Havana than meets the eye, and we want to show you one of the coolest cultures in the city. On this unique Havana tour, you’ll understand the various syncretic Afro-Cuban religions practiced widely in Cuba, as explained by an English-speaking expert in the field. Our local guide will walk you through parts of central Havana and into the homes of some devotees of the various religions, some of which are similar to voodoo.
That's about all we can tell you (who doesn't love a bit of mystery, eh?!), except we can also tell you this: your Havana culture tour starts and finishes in the spectacular Callejon de Hammel - a small and colourfully decorated alley in central Havana, created by local resident Salvador Gonzáles Escalona. Sit and enjoy a cool drink while you soak up the atmosphere of this famous alleyway, decorated with scrap objects like bathtubs, hand pumps, and pinwheels, and has now become a cultural focal point with workshops for young Cuban children to learn painting.
- Local English speaking guide
- One drink.
- Transportation to and from meeting point
- food and drink other than specified above
- tips / gratuities for the guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Afro-Cuban Religion Tour tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date -full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 September 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Afro-Cuban Religion Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Afro-Cuban Religion Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Callejòn Hamel No. 1054, e/ Aramburo y Hospital, Central Havana. +53 (0) 52 917 099Meeting end point :
Callejon de Hammel, Central Havana.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.