- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Mt. Nyangani, Zimbabwe's highest peak
- Wild Chimanimani mountains
- Great Zimbabwe Ruins
- Safari in Matobo and Hange NPs
In the east, ridges rise up towards high plateaus broken by gorges and valleys beneath towering peaks. South of here great ruins stand testament to a bygone civilisation that once ruled this land. To the southwest massive granite boulders balance seemingly precariously on top of each other as rhinos graze lazily beneath. Whilst in the west herds of elephants roam through grasslands and Wild dogs go on the hunt in packs. Finally, in the northwest the mighty Victoria Falls thunder over basalt cliffs. This is Zimbabwe as we uncover it hiking through its mountains and on safari through its game reserves.
Start in Harare; drive to the Eastern Highlands.
Day 2: Gentle hike in the morning; free afternoon to relax or go on a self-guided
Summit Zimbabwe's highest peak, Mt. Nyangani.
Day 4: Transfer to the Chimanimani Mountains; afternoon hike to the top of Bridal
Day 5: Full day hike through the Chimanimani Mountains.
Day 6: Transfer to Great Zimbabwe; afternoon informative walk around the ruins.
Day 7: Drive to Matobo National Park; afternoon hike through grinet ridges to cave
Full day exploring Matobo NP by vehicle and on foot in search of rhino and
Day 9: Rural walk through some of the local villages; afternoon time at a hide
watching animals come to a water hole.
Day 10: Drive to Hwange National Park; later sit by a water hole looking for wildlife
or relax by the pool.
Day 11: Full day safari by 4WD vehicle in Hwange NP.
Day 12: Transfer to Victoria Falls; later we visit the mighty falls themselves.
Day 13: Free day for optional activities such as scenic flights, rafting or river
Day 14: Trip ends today, those on the group flights will depart this afternoon.
- 13 nights hotel and lodges, mostly en suite
- 13 breakfasts, 9 lunches and 7 dinners included
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 4 days walking and 3 half-day walks
- Altitude maximum 2592m, average 1700m
- Group normally 4 to 12, plus local leader
- All Accommodation
- Any international flights to Harare and from Victoria Falls are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Zimbabwe Walking & Wildlife tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 147+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Zimbabwe Walking & Wildlife tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 420 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 04 June 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Zimbabwe Walking & Wildlife tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Zimbabwe Walking & Wildlife tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.