- Food tour
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Get the lowdown on regional Vietnamese cooking in local homes and visit authentic markets.
- In Hanoi sample northern specialties like pho, bun cha and the goldenyellow xoi xeo (sticky rice with mung bean and fried onion), visit a hidden tea house and learn from a master rice wine maker.
- With two nights in Hoi An, there's plenty of time to take in the magic of this standout destination. Watch traditional noodle making and visit a culinary village for a cooking class with a local chef.
- The Vietnamese people are some of the most welcoming in the world. A homestay on the Mekong Delta allows you to experience their hospitality, learn their kitchen secrets and get an insight into rural life.
Chop, slice and eat your way through Vietnam, experiencing one of the freshest and most fragrant cuisines on the planet. From pho and ancient buildings in Hanoi, banh khoai and imperial citadels in Hue, banh xeo and lantern-lit streets in Hoi An and banh canh and pulsating markets in Ho Chi Minh City, experience Vietnam’s cuisine and its tightly woven place within the culture. Drink in cafes and beer halls that sprawl out over city streets, buy fruit from wicker baskets draped over a vendor’s shoulders and sit at market stalls as aromatic noodle soups are whipped up in front of you. Experience all of Vietnam’s iconic sights, spend time cooking some of the country’s top dishes and get a true taste of Vietnam on this delectable Real Food Adventure.
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
- Hotel (8 nights), Homestay (1 night), Overnight Boat (1 night), Overnight Sleeper Train (1 night)
- 11 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 5 Dinners
- Plane , Private Vehicle , Taxi , Overnight sleeper train
- An expert tour leader
- Hanoi - Welcome Dinner
- Hanoi - Hidden Tea House visit & tasting
- Hanoi - Master Winemaker visit & tasting
- Hanoi - Xo Community visit
- Halong Bay - Overnight Boat Cruise
- Hue - Highlights & back streets by motorbike (lunch included)
- Hue - Perfume River cruise
- Hue - Royal tomb of Emperor Tu Duc
- Hue - Thien Mu Pagoda
- Hue - Imperial City entrance and guided visit
- Hoi An - Old Town walking tour
- Hoi An - My Quang noodle demonstration
- Hoi An - Tra Que Culinary Village visit
- Hoi An - Tra Que Hands-on cooking class with local chef
- Ho Chi Minh City - War Remnants Museum
- Ho Chi Minh City - Ben Thanh market visit
- Ho Chi Minh City - Cooking Class with Local Chef
- Ho Chi Minh City - City tour
- Mekong Delta - Homestay & Home Cooked Meal
- Any international flights to Hanoi and from Ho Chi Minh City are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Vietnam Real Food Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 72+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Vietnam Real Food Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 November 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Vietnam Real Food Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Vietnam Real Food Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip aims to give you an exciting, diverse and well-rounded experience of a country’s cuisine. While we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities are set in advance and may be difficult to adjust. In many countries, dietary restrictions are not common or well understood. If you have dietary requirements, please advise your agent at time of booking to receive information on how this may impact on your ability to take part in included activities and meals. Come with an open mind and open mouth, and you won’t be disappointed.
- Depending on where you come from, the weather in Vietnam might be hotter and more humid than what you are used to. Please consider your suitability for the season you wish to travel in. Check out https://www.intrepidtravel.com/vietnam/weather-in-vietnam for more info.
- In order to see as much as possible, this trip involves some long journeys, including by overnight train where the amenities are shared and basic. For more about what this experience is like, see our blog post here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/what-to-expect-on-an-overnight-train-in-vietnam/.
- The motorbike tour of Hue has been assessed for safety and is closely monitored (helmets are provided and drivers are licensed). However, alternative transport can be arranged for those who would prefer not to travel by motorbike.
- Facilities at the Mekong Delta homestay are quite basic. But an authentic, heart-warming experience of local Mekong life should more than make up for the lack of creature comforts.
- You may also want to consider our trip Vietnam & Cambodia Real Food Adventure if you have more time to explore South East Asia.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description