- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 15+ years old
- age_requirement 15+ years old
- Sample street food alongside the locals. Your expert guide will know all of the delicious spots off the tourist trail so you can enjoy some authentic Vietnamese cuisine.
- Feasting beneath the stars while cruising Halong Bay is an experience to remember. With limestone karsts and emerald green waters surrounding you, this is a dining location that's hard to top.
- There is perhaps no greater insight into a food culture than sitting down to dine with a local family in their home, and in historic Hue, you’ll share in this special experience.
- Visit the aromatic vegetable and herb gardens of Tra Que village, where you’ll source local ingredients for a cooking class in nearby Hoi An.
Satisfy the hunger for adventure on this authentic food exploration of Vietnam. Taste your way from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City and fill the eyes with amazing sights, the stomach with delicious food and the heart with unforgettable experiences. The soul of Vietnam can be found in its cuisine and you will find it in the pho of Hanoi’s Old Quarter, the bun bo of Hue, the cao lau soup of Hoi An and the broken rice of Ho Chi Minh City. Explore the markets of Hanoi, enjoy a candle-lit dinner in Halong Bay, cook like a local in central Vietnam and pick up some contemporary twists on classic dishes with a passionate young chef. Taste the country’s history in recipes handed down over generations, and experience it in the old streets, colonial buildings, temples and imperial ruins.
The duration, timings etc. was appropriate and our guide was great!”
Hue - Hoi An
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
- Comfortable hotel (9 nts), Overnight boat (1 nt), Guesthouse (1 nt)
- 11 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 7 Dinners
- Private vehicle , Boat , Plane , Taxi , Bicycle (optional)
- Hanoi - Welcome Dinner
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Hanoi - Temple of Literature
- Hanoi - Hidden Tea House visit & tasting
- Hanoi - Master Winemaker visit & tasting
- Hanoi - Xo Community visit
- Halong Bay - Overnight Boat Cruise
- Halong Bay - Candle-lit Dinner
- Hue - City Tour
- Hue - Perfume River cruise
- Hue - Thien Mu Pagoda
- Hue - Emperor Tu Duc's Tomb
- Hue - Imperial City entrance and guided visit
- Hoi An - Old Town walking tour
- Hoi An - Tra Que Culinary Village visit
- Ho Chi Minh City - War Remnants Museum
- Ho Chi Minh City - Cooking class and dinner
- Mekong Delta - River cruise
- Mekong Delta - Homestay & Home Cooked Meal
- Ho Chi Minh City - Farewell Dinner
- Any international flights to Hanoi and from Ho Chi Minh City are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Vietnam Food Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 88+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Vietnam Food Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 March 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Vietnam Food Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Vietnam Food Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip aims to give you an exciting, diverse and well-rounded experience of a country’s cuisine. While we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities are set in advance and may be difficult to adjust. In many countries, dietary restrictions are not common or well understood. If you have dietary requirements, please advise your agent at time of booking to receive information on how this may impact on your ability to take part in included activities and meals. Come with an open mind and open mouth, and you won’t be disappointed.
- Average temperatures vary greatly between North and South in Vietnam. While there is no best time of year to travel, it's best to check the seasonal patterns on our country information page, to gauge what the weather will be like and to pack accordingly.
- One night in the Mekong Delta is spent in simple guesthouse accommodation. There are twin share rooms with bedding and mosquito nets provided. Bathrooms are shared and may only have cold water available. Most travellers find that this experience is the best way to connect with your local hosts and get a real sense of life on the Delta.The facilities on the overnight boat on Halong Bay and at the Mekong Delta homestay are simple, but the rewards of such a true local experience are immeasurable.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Finish point instructions
Climate and seasonal