- duration 13 days
- tour type Private
- max group size 20
- guiding method Fully guided
- Starts/Ends Hanoi, Vietnam/ Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Night on a junk boat in Halong Bay
- Hanoi's Old Quarter
- Traditional cooking class
- Quaint riverside town of Hoi An
Designed for families with children aged 6-14, this comprehensive tour of Vietnam combines active adventure with sightseeing and time to relax. This tours visits Hanoi and Halong Bay in the north, before a stopping in Hoi An en route south to the bustling Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) in the south. The tour includes a cyclo ride, cooking class, junk boat cruise, swimming and much more!
Starting in Hanoi with a full day tour of the city, including Ho Chi Minh's mausoleum, the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long, a cyclo tour of the Old Quarter and a evening at a traditional water puppet show. Next we try our hand at cooking local Vietnamese dishes on a comprehensive cooking course. We then head across to Halong Bay for a couple of days on a traditional Vietnamese junk boat, cruising the limestone islands and enjoying swimming and kayaking in the turquoise waters.
Leaving Hanoi behind we take the overnight train south to Hoi An, a long time trading port that has absorbed the culture and architecture of many different counties, both western and eastern. We enjoy a tour of the old town and also venture out into the surroundings to experience life as a farmer and fisherman. There is also a free day to relax on the nearby beach or explore the ancient ruins of My Son.
Continuing south we arrive in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), where we take a tour of the city as well as visiting the nearby Cu Chi tunnels to get a taste of the hardships the local Viet Cong suffered during the war with America.
This is a sample private tour itinerary and we can customise the daily itinerary, duration and accommodation levels and styles as much or as little as you wish.
Day 1 Arrive Hanoi and transfer to hotel
Day 2 Hanoi, full day city tour
Day 3 Hanoi, Vietnamese cooking class
Day 4 Halong Bay Cruise
Day 5 Lan Ha Bay
Day 6 Halong Bay, Hanoi then train to Danang
Day 7 Hoi An, half day tour
Day 8 Hoi An, Farmer & Fisherman tour
Day 9 Hoi An, lantern making
Day 10 Hoi An, free day
Day 11 Hoi An, Danang then flight to Ho Chi Minh
Day 12 Ho Chi Minh City, half day Cu Chi Tunnels
Day 13 Depart Ho Chi Minh City
- All accommodation as stated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All transport and transfers
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Internal Flight from Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh
- Services of a local tour guide during sightseeing and activities
- Admission fees, with instruction where necessary
- International flights (available on request)
- Visas fees (Currently waived for GB nationals. We can arrange a pre-registration VISA letter for other nationalities - you will still need to pay for visa stamp fee upon arrival into the country, at customs check in counter, at a cost of $45 per person together with 2 passport photos. Please contact us for more information about the cost of this letter as prices vary depending on nationality.)
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks, tips and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for tour guides and drivers
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 105+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Vietnam Family Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 March 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 March 2022, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Vietnam Family Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Vietnam Family Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be recommended to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.