- Active and outdoor
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 27 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Hanoi Wander through the bustling narrow streets of the Old Quarter lined with shophouses
- Halong Bay Traditional junk boat cruise through one of the most breathtaking limestone landscapes in South East Asia
- Hoi An Charming ancient merchant's town on the banks of the Thu Bon River
- Kon Tum Walk through cassava and sugar plantations to a Bahnar tribal village in the Central Highlands
Take an in-depth journey across Vietnam and Cambodia, following part of the Ho Chi Minh Trail through the beautiful Central Highlands where we trek, raft and visit tribal villages. We also explore beyond Halong Bay and discover the once-hidden jungle temples of Angkor. Halong Bay - Take an extended 2 night junk cruise through its jade green waters Central Highlands - Stay in a tented camp and trek, raft whilst visiting tribal villages Siem Reap - Watch the sunset at Angkor Wat and crawl through the tree-consumed temple of Ta Prohm
Day 1 : Join tour in Hanoi
Day 2 : Discover the sights of Hanoi including the Old Quarter
Day 3 : Free time in Hanoi, drive to Halong Bay; overnight on boat
Day 4 : In Halong Bay; sea kayaking and visit floating village; overnight on boat
Day 5 : Drive to Hanoi; sleeper train to Hue
Day 6 : Arrive in Hue; boat along Perfume River to Thien Mu Pagoda
Day 7 : In Hue, visit the Imperial Citadel; free afternoon
Day 8 : Scenic drive via Danang to Hoi An
Day 9 : From Hoi An, visit ancient My Son; free afternoon in Hoi An
Day 10 : Free day to explore Hoi An; optional visit to My Lai
Day 11 : Drive through mountains to Kon Tum in Central Highlands
Day 12 : In Kon Tum, walk through tribal villages
Day 13 : Drive to Western Highlands; take boat on Lake Lak
Day 14 : Drive to coastal Nha Trang
Day 15 : In Nha Trang, boat cruise on Ninh Van Bay
Day 16 : Fly to Ho Chi Minh City; explore Old Saigon; free afternoon
Day 17 : Drive to Mekong Delta; cruise Mekong River; overnight in homestay
Day 18 : In Mekong Delta, watch cottage industries alongside narrow canals
Day 19 : Drive to Ho Chi Minh City
Day 20 : From Ho Chi Minh City, visit Cu Chi Tunnels
Day 21 : Discover the sights of Phnom Penh
Day 22 : Free day in Phnom Penh; optional visit to Silk Island
Day 23 : Drive to Siem Reap; cruise on Tonle Sap Lake
Day 24 : From Siem Reap, explore Angkor temples with sunset
Day 25 : From Siem Reap, explore Angkor Thom
Day 26 : From Siem Reap, explore Ta Prohm and Angkor Wat
Day 27 : Tour ends in Siem Reap
- Nesta Hanoi Hotel (2 nights)
- Halong Bay Junk (2 nights)
- Overnight train from Hanoi to Hue (1 night)
- Thanh Lich Hotel (2 nights)
- Vinh Hung 2 Hotel (3 nights)
- Indochine Hotel (2 nights)
- Lak Tented Camp (1 night)
- Tran Vien Dong Hotel (2 nights)
- Alagon Central Hotel (2 nights)
- Ut Trinh & Ut Quynh Homestay (1 night)
- Fortuneland Hotel (1 night)
- Home Chic Hotel (3 nights)
- Angkor Panoramic Boutique Hotel (4 nights)
- 25 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 6 Dinners
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Hanoi and from Siem Reap are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Vietnam Explorer + Cambodia Extension tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 205 today.
- Earn US$ 136+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Vietnam Explorer + Cambodia Extension tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 December 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Vietnam Explorer + Cambodia Extension tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Vietnam Explorer + Cambodia Extension tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.