- Active and outdoor
- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Hanoi Wander through the bustling narrow streets of the Old Quarter lined with shophouses
- Halong Bay Traditional junk boat cruise through one of the most breathtaking limestone landscapes in South East Asia
- Hoi An Charming ancient merchant's town on the banks of the Thu Bon River
- Kon Tum Walk through cassava and sugar plantations to a Bahnar tribal village in the Central Highlands
Take an in-depth journey across Vietnam following part of the Ho Chi Minh Trail through the beautiful Central Highlands where we trek, raft and visit tribal villages. We also explore beyond Halong Bay and cruise among floating markets on the Mekong Delta. Halong Bay - Take an extended 2 night junk cruise through its jade green waters Central Highlands - Stay in a tented camp and trek, raft whilst visiting tribal villages Ho Chi Minh City - Crawl through the Cu Chi Tunnels and walk through the alleys of Old Saigon
Day 1 : Join tour in Hanoi
Day 2 : Discover the sights of Hanoi including the Old Quarter
Day 3 : Free time in Hanoi, drive to Halong Bay; overnight on boat
Day 4 : In Halong Bay; sea kayaking and visit floating village; overnight on boat
Day 5 : Drive to Hanoi; sleeper train to Hue
Day 6 : Arrive in Hue; boat along Perfume River to Thien Mu Pagoda
Day 7 : In Hue, visit the Imperial Citadel; free afternoon
Day 8 : Scenic drive via Danang to Hoi An
Day 9 : From Hoi An, visit ancient My Son; free afternoon in Hoi An
Day 10 : Free day to explore Hoi An; optional visit to My Lai
Day 11 : Drive through mountains to Kon Tum in Central Highlands
Day 12 : In Kon Tum, walk through tribal villages
Day 13 : Drive to Western Highlands; take boat on Lake Lak
Day 14 : Drive to coastal Nha Trang
Day 15 : In Nha Trang, boat cruise on Ninh Van Bay
Day 16 : Fly to Ho Chi Minh City; explore Old Saigon; free afternoon
Day 17 : Drive to Mekong Delta; cruise Mekong River; overnight on boat
Day 18 : In Mekong Delta, option to visit early morning floating market; overnight on boat
Day 19 : Drive to Ho Chi Minh City
Day 20 : From Ho Chi Minh City, visit Cu Chi Tunnels
Day 21 : Tour ends in Ho Chi Minh City
- 19 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 6 Dinners
- Nesta Hanoi Hotel (2 nights)
- Halong Bay Junk (2 nights)
- Overnight train from Hanoi to Hue (1 night)
- Thanh Lich Hotel (2 nights)
- Vinh Hung 2 Hotel (3 nights)
- Indochine Hotel (2 nights)
- Lak Tented Camp (1 night)
- Tran Vien Dong Hotel (2 nights)
- Alagon Central Hotel (3 nights)
- Cai Be Boat (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Hanoi and from Ho Chi Minh City are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Vietnam Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 111+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Vietnam Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 13 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 13 July 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Vietnam Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Vietnam Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.