- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Ancient Hanoi tours
- Street food walk
- Halong Bay overnight junk boat cruise
- Perfume river in Hue
If you’re visiting Vietnam for the first time or returning to take in its splendour one more time, this tour combines its most popular tourist attractions with visits to its rural areas - giving you a well-rounded experience that will stay in your memories forever.
We’ll explore the city of Hanoi - watching the locals enjoying morning Tai Chi, walking through the Old Quarter and tasting all the unique flavours of Vietnamese street food. We’ll hop onto a traditional junk boat to marvel at the limestone & rainforest scenery of Halong Bay, regarded by many as one the Natural Wonders of the World.
We’ll take an overnight train ride and head to the majestic Hue City before visiting the port town of Hoi An, made famous by its traditional architecture, relaxed lifestyle and its villages which specialise in pottery and carpentry.
A short flight takes us to Ho Chi Minh City, or Saigon as many still call it. It contrasts from the traditional Vietnamese buildings we’ll see along the way, with its towering skyscrapers, it's easy to understand why it's known as the business hub of Vietnam.
One of the main highlights of this Vietnam tour is the vintage Vespa city tour, as we explore the city on two-wheels, try the food and drinks and listen to live music with the locals.
Our final stop is visiting the Mekong Delta, spending the night with a local fisherman and his family, and attempting to catch the famous Elephant ear fish, before visiting the village market and getting some lessons in Vietnamese cooking. All roads lead back to Ho Chi Minh, where extra nights and touring options are available, or you can continue from here on our Vietnam and Cambodia Encounters Tour.
The last stop on this tour is the former capital of the French Colony of Chochin India – Ho Chi Minh City, though many still refer to it as Saigon. Ho Chi Minh is the vibrant business hub of the country where you’ll see newly building sky scrapers standing in contrast beside traditional Vietnamese buildings. You’ll have guided tour of the city and also take an interesting side-trip to the Mekong Delta where you’ll spend the night in the home of a local family
Day 1 : Welcome to Hanoi! Airport transfers included
Day 2 : A historical and culinary adventure in Hanoi
Day 3 : Cruising the waters of Ha Long Bay
Day 4 : A kayaking adventure and an overnight train trip
Day 5 : Welcome to Hue city
Day 6 : Hue - Hoian – Ancient town
Day 7 : A free day in Hoi An. Optional tours available
Day 8 : A flight to Ho Chi Minh City & an evening Vespa adventure
Day 9 : Exploring the Mekong Delta and Cai Be
Day 10 : Mekong Delta – Ho Chi Minh City
Day 11 : Free time. Airport transfer included
- All accommodation as stated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All transport and transfers
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Internal Flight from Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh
- Services of a local tour guide during sightseeing and activities
- Admission fees, with instruction where necessary
- International Flights
- Visas fees (we can arrange a pre-registration VISA Letter for you for Vietnam, you will still need to pay for visa stamp fee upon arrival into the country (at customs check in counter) at a cost of $45 per person together with 2 passport photos. Please contact us for more information about the cost of this letter as prices vary depending on nationality.
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks, tips and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for tour guides and drivers
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 58+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Vietnam Encounters tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 January 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Vietnam Encounters tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Vietnam Encounters tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.