- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 20 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- A street food tour of Hanoi takes you to the best spots in town to sample northern specialties like pho, bun cha and the goldenyellow xoi xeo – finger lickin’ stuff.
- With two nights in Hoi An, there's plenty of time to take in magic of this standout destination. Watch traditional noodle making, visit a local lantern maker, then try your hand at a cooking class!
- The Vietnamese people are some of the most welcoming in the world. A homestay on the Mekong Delta allows you to experience their hospitality, learn their kitchen secrets and get an insight into rural life.
- Get an insight into Cambodian cuisine with a visit to famous pepper plantations outside of Kampot, and taste some of the best pepper in the world.
Chop, slice and chomp your way through the diverse flavours of South East Asia on this mouth-watering Real Food Adventure into Vietnam and Cambodia. Vietnam’s prized cuisine is bursting with fresh, spicy and complex flavours, while across the border, Cambodia’s food is humble, oft unexplored, and no less delicious. Drink in cafes and beer halls that sprawl out over city streets, buy fruit from wicker baskets draped over a vendor’s shoulders and sit at market stalls as aromatic noodle soups are whipped up in front of you. From a sunset cruise on Halong Bay and a cycle past herb farms near Hoi An to discovering the French influence of Phnom Penh and meeting charming local communities at Banteay Chhmar, these South East Asian powerhouses will fill you with great food and even more memorable experiences.
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
Siem Reap/Angkor Wat
- Homestay (2 nights), Hotel (15 nights), Overnight Boat (1 night), Overnight Sleeper Train (1 night)
- 16 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 9 Dinners
- Overnight Sleeper Train , Plane , Private Vehicle , Taxi , Cyclo , Public Transport
- An expert tour leader
- Hanoi - Hidden Tea House visit & tasting
- Hanoi - Master Winemaker visit & tasting
- Hanoi - Xo Community visit
- Halong Bay - Overnight Boat Cruise
- Hue - Highlights & back streets by motorbike (lunch included)
- Hue - Perfume River cruise
- Hue - Royal tomb of Emperor Tu Duc
- Hue - Thien Mu Pagoda
- Hue - Imperial City entrance and guided visit
- Hoi An - Old Town walking tour
- Hoi An - My Quang noodle demonstration
- Hoi An - Tra Que Culinary Village visit
- Hoi An - Tra Que Hands-on cooking class with local chef
- Ho Chi Minh City - War Remnants Museum
- Ho Chi Minh City - Ben Thanh market visit
- Ho Chi Minh City - Cooking Class with Local Chef
- Ho Chi Minh City - City tour
- Mekong Delta - Homestay & Home Cooked Meal
- Phnom Penh - Welcome Dinner
- Phnom Penh - Cyclo Food and City Tour
- Phnom Penh - Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21)
- Phnom Penh - The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek
- Kampot - Orientation walk with local tipples
- Kampot - Phnom Chhnork
- Kampot - Food tour and lunch
- Kampot - Pepper plantation & salt field visit
- Phnom Penh - Khmer Cooking Class and Market Tour
- Battambang - Rural Food and Cycle Tour
- Banteay Chhmar - Temple Visit
- Siem Reap - Angkor Silk Farm
- Banteay Chhmar - Village Market Tour and Cooking Demonstration
- Siem Reap - Street Food Tour
- Siem Reap - One day Angkor Pass
- Any international flights to Hanoi and from Siem Reap are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Vietnam & Cambodia Real Food Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 100+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Vietnam & Cambodia Real Food Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 December 2020, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Vietnam & Cambodia Real Food Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Vietnam & Cambodia Real Food Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip aims to give you an exciting, diverse and well-rounded experience of a region's cuisine. While we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities are set in advance and may be difficult to adjust. In many countries, dietary restrictions are not common or well understood. If you have dietary requirements, please advise your agent at time of booking to receive information on how this may impact on your ability to take part in included activities and meals. Come with an open mind and open mouth, and you won’t be disappointed.
- Temperatures and humidity can be high in South East Asia, especially when walking around sites like the Angkor complex where there may be little shade. Be prepared by taking plenty of drink breaks and wearing appropriate skin protection. Some travellers find an umbrella handy to keep the sun off (this will also come in handy should it rain!).
- In order to see as much as possible, this trip involves some long journeys, including by overnight train where the amenities are shared and basic. For more about what this experience is like, see our blog post here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/what-to-expect-on-an-overnight-train-in-vietnam/.
- The motorbike tour of Hue has been assessed for safety and is closely monitored (helmets are provided and drivers are licensed). However, alternative transport can be arranged for those who would prefer not to travel by motorbike.
- Facilities at the Mekong Delta and Banteay Chhmar homestays are quite basic. But authentic, heart-warming experiences of local life should more than make up for the lack of creature comforts.
- The bloody rule of the Khmer Rouge is a painful but important part of Cambodian history to confront. If you would rather not visit the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek, just let your leader know.
- This trip involves a long day of driving from Phnom Penh to Battambang (Day 16). Cambodian roads can also be rough and bumpy, and delays are sometimes unavoidable. A dash of patience will go a long way toward your enjoyment of this beautiful country!
- You will visit a number of temples on this trip, and this requires a level of modesty. Be sure to bring clothes that cover the arms and pants or skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description
Continuing point instructions